News Briefs 2/20

Photography

Film production Professor Jeffrey Stern will present his new photography exhibit, “Legerdemain,” at the University of Miami’s Wynwood Project Space in Downtown Miami on Friday. An Emmy-nominated filmmaker, Stern is also known for working with sound editing in films and television shows like “Silence of the Lambs,” “Goodfellas” and “Boardwalk Empire.” The exhibit is located at 2200A NW 2 Ave. For more information, call 305-284-2543 or email m.cardoso1@miami.edu.

Ethics Films

The next film in the ethics film series will be screened at the Bill Cosford Cinema on Feb. 28 at 6:15 p.m. Titled “Blood Coltan,” the film explores Western consumerism in relation to the death of innocent people. The screening is followed by a debate, and no RSVP or entrance fee is necessary. For more information, call UM ethics program at 305-243-5723.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...