News Briefs 2/20

Photography

Film production Professor Jeffrey Stern will present his new photography exhibit, “Legerdemain,” at the University of Miami’s Wynwood Project Space in Downtown Miami on Friday. An Emmy-nominated filmmaker, Stern is also known for working with sound editing in films and television shows like “Silence of the Lambs,” “Goodfellas” and “Boardwalk Empire.” The exhibit is located at 2200A NW 2 Ave. For more information, call 305-284-2543 or email m.cardoso1@miami.edu.

Ethics Films

The next film in the ethics film series will be screened at the Bill Cosford Cinema on Feb. 28 at 6:15 p.m. Titled “Blood Coltan,” the film explores Western consumerism in relation to the death of innocent people. The screening is followed by a debate, and no RSVP or entrance fee is necessary. For more information, call UM ethics program at 305-243-5723.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...