News Briefs 2/20

Photography

Film production Professor Jeffrey Stern will present his new photography exhibit, “Legerdemain,” at the University of Miami’s Wynwood Project Space in Downtown Miami on Friday. An Emmy-nominated filmmaker, Stern is also known for working with sound editing in films and television shows like “Silence of the Lambs,” “Goodfellas” and “Boardwalk Empire.” The exhibit is located at 2200A NW 2 Ave. For more information, call 305-284-2543 or email m.cardoso1@miami.edu.

Ethics Films

The next film in the ethics film series will be screened at the Bill Cosford Cinema on Feb. 28 at 6:15 p.m. Titled “Blood Coltan,” the film explores Western consumerism in relation to the death of innocent people. The screening is followed by a debate, and no RSVP or entrance fee is necessary. For more information, call UM ethics program at 305-243-5723.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

Miami fell behind early and could not recover Sunday afternoon, falling in the series finale to host ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...