Appealing set, unique story help “Stage Door” shine

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

One word: fabulous. What else would you expect from a play about upcoming stage stars?

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre’s current production, “Stage Door,” tells the story of a group of young actresses living together in a boarding-school type home in New York City called the Footlights Club.

Their struggles parallel those of most ingenues, but their upbeat personalities and wit outshine the typical fight for fame.

The comedy is extremely fast-paced; so much happens in just two hours. The cast does a beautiful job of scurrying about boisterously, accurately reflecting the city that never sleeps.

The bustling in and out between scenes also adds comic relief to the more serious scenes, while also making the intensity of these moments more exasperating and fun to watch.

The set, which remains the same for the entirety of the play, consists of beautiful furnishings and warm lighting. It provides a welcoming ambiance to what is portrayed as the Footlights Club’s foyer.

The cast made good use of the stage’s limits by entering and exiting frequently, giving the audience the impression that there was more of the house that we simply couldn’t see.

This production is sure to impress anyone who loves theater. It has all the qualities of a great show.

With its enthralling storyline, talented cast and beautiful set design, “Stage Door” is sure to entertain.

Niloufar Abae

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...