Appealing set, unique story help “Stage Door” shine

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

One word: fabulous. What else would you expect from a play about upcoming stage stars?

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre’s current production, “Stage Door,” tells the story of a group of young actresses living together in a boarding-school type home in New York City called the Footlights Club.

Their struggles parallel those of most ingenues, but their upbeat personalities and wit outshine the typical fight for fame.

The comedy is extremely fast-paced; so much happens in just two hours. The cast does a beautiful job of scurrying about boisterously, accurately reflecting the city that never sleeps.

The bustling in and out between scenes also adds comic relief to the more serious scenes, while also making the intensity of these moments more exasperating and fun to watch.

The set, which remains the same for the entirety of the play, consists of beautiful furnishings and warm lighting. It provides a welcoming ambiance to what is portrayed as the Footlights Club’s foyer.

The cast made good use of the stage’s limits by entering and exiting frequently, giving the audience the impression that there was more of the house that we simply couldn’t see.

This production is sure to impress anyone who loves theater. It has all the qualities of a great show.

With its enthralling storyline, talented cast and beautiful set design, “Stage Door” is sure to entertain.

About Author

Niloufar Abae

Last year the rain fell in torrents. Wednesday was all scorching sunshine. Fifteen former Miami Hurr ...

See phtos from the University of Miami's annual Pro Day, where outgoing UM players perform for ...

Quarterback Brad Kaaya ambled out of the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence close to 3 p.m. Wed ...

A woman has accused NFL Hall of Famer and former University of Miami star wide receiver Michael Irvi ...

Today is special for 15 former Hurricanes football players from the University of Miami. It’s Pro Da ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference and Brooklyn's Barclays Center teamed up for a historic first ear ...

The No. 45 Miami women's tennis team play will play a non-conference match against Florida Atla ...

University of Miami men's basketball signee Lonnie Walker IV showed off his athleticism at the ...

At The Net with Piotr Lomacki ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will face Princeton on Dec. 2 in the Naismith Mem ...