Appealing set, unique story help “Stage Door” shine

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

One word: fabulous. What else would you expect from a play about upcoming stage stars?

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre’s current production, “Stage Door,” tells the story of a group of young actresses living together in a boarding-school type home in New York City called the Footlights Club.

Their struggles parallel those of most ingenues, but their upbeat personalities and wit outshine the typical fight for fame.

The comedy is extremely fast-paced; so much happens in just two hours. The cast does a beautiful job of scurrying about boisterously, accurately reflecting the city that never sleeps.

The bustling in and out between scenes also adds comic relief to the more serious scenes, while also making the intensity of these moments more exasperating and fun to watch.

The set, which remains the same for the entirety of the play, consists of beautiful furnishings and warm lighting. It provides a welcoming ambiance to what is portrayed as the Footlights Club’s foyer.

The cast made good use of the stage’s limits by entering and exiting frequently, giving the audience the impression that there was more of the house that we simply couldn’t see.

This production is sure to impress anyone who loves theater. It has all the qualities of a great show.

With its enthralling storyline, talented cast and beautiful set design, “Stage Door” is sure to entertain.

Niloufar Abae

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...