Slow walkers are a source of frustration

You would think getting from point A to point B should be pretty easy, especially when you’re simply walking back to the dorms after a long day around Dooley.

But alas, nothing puts a damper on my day faster than those people who decide their conversations are so fascinating that they should conduct them at snail pace. I present to you: slow walkers.

They are everywhere, and appear the most when you’re in the biggest rush.

The worst part is, there is nothing you can do about it. The walkways aren’t wide enough for you to power-walk past them, so you’re stuck listening to pointless conversation even as you try to hurry.

I promise, for those fast-walking, motivated people, there is hope for us. It’s going to be totally awkward, especially if you know who is in front of you, but you’re going to have to pull the half-walk, half-run for five or so seconds. Just blast ahead of them and you’re home free. Problem solved.

It’s the little things in life that can make or break your day. Hearing your favorite song, acing a test or walking around on a gorgeous day are a few good starting points.

Don’t let those slow walkers get in your way.

Alanna Phillips is a freshman majoring in exercise physiology and psychology.

Alanna Phillips