News Briefs: 2/6

Queer Studies
The Queer Studies Research Group is having a meeting on Wednesday from 3:45 to 5 p.m. at the Dooley Memorial Building in 125D.  The group meets three times each semester to discuss topics of interests relating to LGBT issues. For more information, email English associate professor Brenna Munro at bmunro@miami.edu.

Integrity Week
This week, the Undergraduate Honor Council will host Academic Integrity (AI) Week. Each day features a different event related to an aspect of informing students about the university’s Honor Code.

Monday – “Pledge the Code” will take place at the Rock from noon to 2 p.m. There will be free ice cream provided by Wall’s. There will be a film screening of “Quiz Show” at 7 p.m. at the I-lounge.
Tuesday – “Introduction to Academic Integrity” will be featured at the I-lounge from 5 to 6:30 p.m. with the Academic Resource Center. Free pizza and drinks will be served.
Wednesday An Academic Integrity Forum will be presented at the McLamore Executive Education Center on the 3rd floor.
Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on fourth-ranked and third-seeded Astra Sharma Wednesd ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...