News Briefs: 2/6

Queer Studies
The Queer Studies Research Group is having a meeting on Wednesday from 3:45 to 5 p.m. at the Dooley Memorial Building in 125D.  The group meets three times each semester to discuss topics of interests relating to LGBT issues. For more information, email English associate professor Brenna Munro at bmunro@miami.edu.

Integrity Week
This week, the Undergraduate Honor Council will host Academic Integrity (AI) Week. Each day features a different event related to an aspect of informing students about the university’s Honor Code.

Monday – “Pledge the Code” will take place at the Rock from noon to 2 p.m. There will be free ice cream provided by Wall’s. There will be a film screening of “Quiz Show” at 7 p.m. at the I-lounge.
Tuesday – “Introduction to Academic Integrity” will be featured at the I-lounge from 5 to 6:30 p.m. with the Academic Resource Center. Free pizza and drinks will be served.
Wednesday An Academic Integrity Forum will be presented at the McLamore Executive Education Center on the 3rd floor.
Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Alexander Gonzalez Assistant Editor

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...