News Briefs 2/2

Israel Lecture

Rivka Carmi, president of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel, will give a lecture, “Reimagining the Ivory Tower: The Responsibility of Academia to Society.” Professor Carmi will be introduced by UM President Donna E. Shalala. The event will take place at the Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies auditorium in the Merrick Building on Tuesday at 8 p.m.

Basketball Contest

Shoot some hoops at the three-point shooting contest at the Wellness Center on Monday. Registration is happening the day of the contest. To sign up, go to the outdoor basketball courts at the Wellness Center. The event is free for UM students. For more information, call the intramural hotline at 305-284-8501 or email tsoria@miami.edu.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis match against Duke. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...