News Briefs 1/30

Housing Opt-In

All current student residents planning to live on campus next year can opt in through myUM until Feb. 10. Residents can  indicate if they would like suite-style dorm rooms or University Village apartments.

Career Expo

Hundreds of recruiters from various businesses and organizations will be on-site at the Spring Career Expo on Wednesday. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about full-time positions and internships. Make sure to bring a Cane Card or an ID, and wear professional attire. Stop by Toppel on Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for Employer Practice Interviews & Critiques (EPIC). The Spring Career Expo is on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wellness Center.

Ambassador

Sameh Shoukry, Egypt’s Ambassador to the United States, will present a lecture, “Egypt’s Democracy and Arab Spring,” at 5 p.m. on Wednesday at the Cosford Cinema. Shoukry’s lecture will be followed by an interview with Middle Eastern Studies expert and political science professor Bradford McGuinn.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...