News Briefs 1/30

Housing Opt-In

All current student residents planning to live on campus next year can opt in through myUM until Feb. 10. Residents can  indicate if they would like suite-style dorm rooms or University Village apartments.

Career Expo

Hundreds of recruiters from various businesses and organizations will be on-site at the Spring Career Expo on Wednesday. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about full-time positions and internships. Make sure to bring a Cane Card or an ID, and wear professional attire. Stop by Toppel on Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for Employer Practice Interviews & Critiques (EPIC). The Spring Career Expo is on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wellness Center.

Ambassador

Sameh Shoukry, Egypt’s Ambassador to the United States, will present a lecture, “Egypt’s Democracy and Arab Spring,” at 5 p.m. on Wednesday at the Cosford Cinema. Shoukry’s lecture will be followed by an interview with Middle Eastern Studies expert and political science professor Bradford McGuinn.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...