News Briefs 1/30

Housing Opt-In

All current student residents planning to live on campus next year can opt in through myUM until Feb. 10. Residents can  indicate if they would like suite-style dorm rooms or University Village apartments.

Career Expo

Hundreds of recruiters from various businesses and organizations will be on-site at the Spring Career Expo on Wednesday. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about full-time positions and internships. Make sure to bring a Cane Card or an ID, and wear professional attire. Stop by Toppel on Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for Employer Practice Interviews & Critiques (EPIC). The Spring Career Expo is on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wellness Center.

Ambassador

Sameh Shoukry, Egypt’s Ambassador to the United States, will present a lecture, “Egypt’s Democracy and Arab Spring,” at 5 p.m. on Wednesday at the Cosford Cinema. Shoukry’s lecture will be followed by an interview with Middle Eastern Studies expert and political science professor Bradford McGuinn.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...