Dear V

Dear V: My boyfriend wants to add others into the mix…

My boyfriend has been trying to get me to join some swingers club that one of his friends belongs to. I don’t know a lot about it, I just know that the concept is for us to have sex with multiple couples, which I am not interested in. He’s been insisting on it for a while, and I have to be honest, I haven’t asserted my position like I should have, so he hasn’t really let up. Honestly, my feelings are hurt. Aren’t I good enough for him? Why does he have to join some disgusting sex club, who knows where those people have been if they’re willing to do that?

Sharing is not always caring

Dear Hillary Clinton,

Your boyfriend has the opportunity to join a swingers club, so why doesn’t he say no? Because he’s a guy. Next question…

I’m just joshing. I understand your complaint; it is a little off-putting that he insists on having sex with a bunch of other people right to your face. I know you’re not going to do it, and I respect you for that, but if he won’t take the hint, you need to tell him up front that it’s not an option. There really isn’t any other advice I can give you, but just out of curiosity, let’s explore this “swingers club.”

First of all, swingers clubs are usually for 40-year-olds who have been married 15 years and no longer have a spark in their relationship. It seems odd to me that your boyfriend, who I (perhaps incorrectly) assume is younger, knows someone in one. I would check on the ages of these other members because you might have been one “yes” away from shacking up with Abe Vigota.

The second thing about swingers clubs is, a lot of times you not only swing between guys and girls … but some times, girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they’re girls who do girls like they’re boys, if you catch my drift. I’m not sure if you’re a switch hitter, but I can guarantee if you join, someone will proposition you, and lord help you if you say “no” but your man’s answer is a little different – that will be an awkward conversation in the morning.

Your final point is a good one, and I’m not talking about you alone being “good enough” for him. We all know that not just one person is good enough for anyone, but he should at least pretend. What I’m talking about is how grimy these people in the swingers clubs are. You’ll probably see STDs that haven’t been around since the troops came home after Vietnam. Some of these STDs will literally “love you long time,” and STDs aren’t like Pokemon,: there’s no need to “catch ‘em all.” In closing, stand tall and tell your boyfriend to suck it, you don’t need the problems that come with belonging to these clubs.

By the way, tell your parents we’re still on for this weekend,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

University of Miami legendary receiver Michael Irvin is no doubt relieved, as likely is UM football ...

Sexual assault charges will not be filed against former University of Miami football and Dallas Cowb ...

View photos of teenage recruits being taught by UM legends at Paradise Camp Saturday, July 22, 2017. ...

Mark Richt’s weekend began with a bunch of ninth- and 10th-grade recruits on Friday at a University ...

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...