News Briefs 1/23

Halftime party
Come out to the women’s basketball game this Thursday for a halftime party in the Hurricane 100 Room. Grab some food while watching the Canes take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Student leaders of organizations can win a $25 gift card if they bring 10 club members to the game. Tip off is at 7 p.m.

Cooking class
Join Chef Lori for an Italian cooking class. Prepare turkey and goat cheese meatballs, fish fillets and more. The class is Jan. 30 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Wellness Center classrooms. The cost is $20 for UM students and Wellness Center members, and $25 for non-members. To register, call 305-284-5433.

Saxophone Quartet
A saxophone concert will be held on Jan. 30 from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Gusman Concert Hall. For more information, call 305-669-0203.
Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

A sobering reminder came watching the Golden State Warriors slice through the NBA to a championship ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

The Miami women's swimming & diving program was among those recognized by the College Swimm ...

Five members of the University of Miami track and field program will compete against their country ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Dejan Vasiljevic is set to compete for Australia ...

Nine Hurricanes were named to Athlon Sports Preseason All-ACC Teams, including a conference-leading ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...