News Briefs 1/23

Halftime party
Come out to the women’s basketball game this Thursday for a halftime party in the Hurricane 100 Room. Grab some food while watching the Canes take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Student leaders of organizations can win a $25 gift card if they bring 10 club members to the game. Tip off is at 7 p.m.

Cooking class
Join Chef Lori for an Italian cooking class. Prepare turkey and goat cheese meatballs, fish fillets and more. The class is Jan. 30 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Wellness Center classrooms. The cost is $20 for UM students and Wellness Center members, and $25 for non-members. To register, call 305-284-5433.

Saxophone Quartet
A saxophone concert will be held on Jan. 30 from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Gusman Concert Hall. For more information, call 305-669-0203.
Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...