Vital apps for the spring semester

Screen Grab

Classes have started, textbooks have been purchased and it is now time to download applications to get through the spring semester. These applications can make accessing Blackboard, checking Metrorail arrival times and late-night studying easier.

Miami-Dade Transit Tracker

Whether you’re riding the Metrobus, Metrorail or Metromover, you can find out the arrival time of the next approaching bus or train, use the trip planner, find out station addresses and more

UMiami

A Miami student essential, this app lets you browse through courses, pull up campus maps, keep up with the latest events and sports games, and even view real-time availability at the parking garages.

Blackboard Mobile Learn

Hold Blackboard in the palm of your hand to view grades, access course documents and even find out the names of classmates through the course’s roster.

Free Graphing Calculator

Get through your calculus homework with scientific calculator functions, from square root to natural log. Graph up to four equations at once and search through tons of formulas.

Dictionary.com

Search from more than 2 million words, definitions, synonyms and antonyms from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com. No Internet connection is needed to search. It features audio pronunciations and voice-to-search.

Flashcards+

Study for your next exam in an eco-friendly way. Create and study from flashcards, or even use pre-made sets. You’ll be sure to ace that test.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...