Vital apps for the spring semester

Screen Grab

Classes have started, textbooks have been purchased and it is now time to download applications to get through the spring semester. These applications can make accessing Blackboard, checking Metrorail arrival times and late-night studying easier.

Miami-Dade Transit Tracker

Whether you’re riding the Metrobus, Metrorail or Metromover, you can find out the arrival time of the next approaching bus or train, use the trip planner, find out station addresses and more

UMiami

A Miami student essential, this app lets you browse through courses, pull up campus maps, keep up with the latest events and sports games, and even view real-time availability at the parking garages.

Blackboard Mobile Learn

Hold Blackboard in the palm of your hand to view grades, access course documents and even find out the names of classmates through the course’s roster.

Free Graphing Calculator

Get through your calculus homework with scientific calculator functions, from square root to natural log. Graph up to four equations at once and search through tons of formulas.

Dictionary.com

Search from more than 2 million words, definitions, synonyms and antonyms from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com. No Internet connection is needed to search. It features audio pronunciations and voice-to-search.

Flashcards+

Study for your next exam in an eco-friendly way. Create and study from flashcards, or even use pre-made sets. You’ll be sure to ace that test.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...