Disney movies making a comeback

Disney is encouraging us to reminisce on old-time favorites as they begin to release many classics in 3D, starting with “The Lion King,” which was in theaters for a limited time last year. Other films that are said to be re-released in 3D are “Monsters Inc.,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Finding Nemo.” This is just to name a few.

Some people think it’s a waste of time to pay for a movie ticket to a Disney re-released film because there is no real difference between 3D and 2D movies. The argument is that it’s just a way for Disney to make more money and the classics should be left alone.

All that aside, it’s great to see these films reappear on the big screen because they bring back happy memories of our childhood days. It also gives children who weren’t around when the original films came out the chance to watch Disney movies combined with the latest 3D craze.

Regardless of what you may think about the Disney-3D-movies trend, they’ve been a huge success so far. “The Lion King” in 3D made $94,242,001 in North America and $73,000,000 internationally. “Beauty and the Beast” will be released on Jan. 13 in 3D and is looking to be another success.

I personally would love to see “The Lion King 2,” “Mulan,” “Cinderalla” and “Sleeping Beauty” back on the screen in 3D, but I’ll keep patiently waiting. After all, Disney will always bring me back to the carefree living days and they are definitely making a comeback.

Emma Bowman

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...