Disney movies making a comeback

Disney is encouraging us to reminisce on old-time favorites as they begin to release many classics in 3D, starting with “The Lion King,” which was in theaters for a limited time last year. Other films that are said to be re-released in 3D are “Monsters Inc.,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Finding Nemo.” This is just to name a few.

Some people think it’s a waste of time to pay for a movie ticket to a Disney re-released film because there is no real difference between 3D and 2D movies. The argument is that it’s just a way for Disney to make more money and the classics should be left alone.

All that aside, it’s great to see these films reappear on the big screen because they bring back happy memories of our childhood days. It also gives children who weren’t around when the original films came out the chance to watch Disney movies combined with the latest 3D craze.

Regardless of what you may think about the Disney-3D-movies trend, they’ve been a huge success so far. “The Lion King” in 3D made $94,242,001 in North America and $73,000,000 internationally. “Beauty and the Beast” will be released on Jan. 13 in 3D and is looking to be another success.

I personally would love to see “The Lion King 2,” “Mulan,” “Cinderalla” and “Sleeping Beauty” back on the screen in 3D, but I’ll keep patiently waiting. After all, Disney will always bring me back to the carefree living days and they are definitely making a comeback.

Emma Bowman

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...