Miami’s musical medley helps ring in the holiday merriment

Though final exams and papers can be spirit-killers, nothing rings in the winter season quite like holiday show. If you’re looking for a way to keep your holiday spirit alive, check out some of these shows.

Miami Gay Men’s Chorus Concert

WHEN: Dec. 16-18
WHERE: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
cost: $25-35
Join Miami’s first gay chorus for a delightful evening of holiday music.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour 2012

WHEN: Dec. 9, 2011 8 p.m.
WHERE: American Airlines Arena
COST: $41.70-$75
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is anything but your typical orchestra. Do not expect any mellow, stuffy classical music at this concert. Instead, prepare to be blown away by loud music, in-door fireworks, lasers of every color and additional stages floating above the main stage. Oh, and of course, performances from some of the most talented musicians in the world.
O Holy Night: Christmas with Seraphic Fire

WHEN: Dec. 17, 8 p.m. (Main Stage)
WHERE: South Miami Dade Cultural Arts Center
cost: $25, $15, $10 – $5 off orchestra level seats for students
Seraphic Fire presents an all-new holiday performance featuring original arrangements of “O Holy Night” and “Silent Night” along with a number of other well-known Christmas carols. Seraphic Fire’s Christmas concerts always sell out, so purchase your tickets now.

‘The Nutcracker’

WHEN: December 15-18, 7:30 pm.
WHERE: Ziff Ballet Opera House,1300 N. Biscayne Blvd.
cost: Tickets range from $19 to $68
Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker” is the ultimate of holiday shows. “The Nutcracker” has a cast of more than 100 dancers of all ages, elaborate sets and costumes, and timeless music and performances. The story of “The Nutcracker” has been performed across the globe for decades and is one tradition that can’t be missed.

Kari Scharf

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...