Top four Black Friday options for every holiday shopper

Black Friday always kicks off the holiday shopping season. From mega mark-offs to clearance sales, you’re sure to get a head start on your holiday gift shopping (or splurge on yourself) if you visit these stores and sites:

1. If you love technology, you should plan to stop at Best Buy on your shopping trip. Best Buy will open its doors as early as 12 a.m. on Friday, and has been advertising mega mark-offs on laptops and TVs. If Best Buy’s advertisements don’t have you sold, then be sure to visit BrandsMart USA. Open 24-hours, from 10 p.m. Thursday to 10 p.m. Friday, BrandsMart USA is offering incredible deals on items like TVs and tablets.

The nearest Best Buy is located at Dadeland Station, 8450 South Dixie Highway, and the nearest BrandsMart USA is located at 7260 N. Kendall Drive.

2.For those who despise the long lines and crowds associated with Black Friday, Amazon.com has got you covered. Amazon will feature extreme sales on items including cameras, software, books and probably anything imaginable. And the best part of this super sale is that you don’t even have to wait or get out of bed to splurge.

3. If you’d love to get a head start on your school supply shopping, be sure to visit Staples, Office Depot and Office Max. All three will feature extreme sales on items on their websites as well. Staples.com, for example, is having a sale that will last until Wednesday, and will discount items purchased online up to 75 percent off.
Staples is located at 2120 SW 32 Ave., Office Depot is at 2690 Coral Way and Office Max is at 1906 Ponce de Leon Boulevard.

4. If you’d rather shop at upscale department stores and are up to facing the long lines and waits, then Macy’s is the place for you.  Opening as early as midnight, Macy’s will feature discount prices on items including designer handbags, shoes, cosmetics and apparel.

The nearest Macy’s is located at Dadeland Mall, 7303 SW 88 St.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief