Top five things to do under $15 this weekend

Kayakers take their boat out on the water for a sunset paddle on south beach at Maurice Gibb Memorial Park. Rachel Steinhauser//The Miami Hurricane

Finding cheap things to do on the weekend isn’t always easy. Check out this list of five things to do under $15 this weekend.

$15: Kayak Rental

Leave the car behind and explore Miami by kayak this weekend. At the Matheson Hammock Park concession, anyone can rent a kayak and paddle around the atoll pool, which is naturally filled by the tides from Biscayne Bay. After completing the aquatic jaunt, drink a beer on the pool’s beach or explore the rest of Matheson Hammock’s 351 acres. Cost for a single kayak rental is $15 for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour. Or grab a friend and rent a double kayak, which runs for $25 for the first hour and $15 for each additional hour.

9610 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables

$13.50: World Erotic Art Museum

Looking for something unique to do this weekend? Look no further than South Beach’s World Erotic Art Museum. This adult-only, 12,000-square-foot museum houses the largest collection of erotic art in the U.S. Showcasing a variety of time periods, cultures and mediums, the WEAM contains pieces that will turn you on, make you cringe and leave you asking, “WTF?” Just be sure to snap a photo of the 20-foot tall golden penis before you exit.

1205 Washington Ave., Miami Beach

$10: Vizcaya Museum and Gardens

Escape the bustle of city life with a visit to the historical Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. Originally built in the 1910s as the home of wealthy industrialist James Deering, Vizcaya boasts 34 rooms decorated with original 15th to 19th century art and furniture. After touring the bay front mansion, wander through the expansive gardens located on the estate and transport yourself back to a time when the population of Miami was just 10,000. Finally, grab a bite to eat at the Vizcaya Cafe, which overlooks the estate’s historic swimming pool. Remember to bring your Cane Card to receive the $10 student rate.

3251 South Miami Ave., Miami

vizcayamuseum.org

$8: Miami Book Fair International Street Fair

Whether you are a book nerd or just seeking references for your final term paper, the Miami Book  Fair International’s Street Fair is the place to go this weekend. Returning to Miami for its 28th year, the fair runs from Friday to Sunday. More than 250 publishers and booksellers exhibit and sell books of all genres. As you hunt for your next literary delight, enjoy live musical performances held on the World Stage and snack on food from one of the numerous vendors in attendance. Go on Friday to avoid the crowds and score free admission.

Miami Dade College’s Wolfson Campus, 300 NE 2nd Ave., Downtown Miami

miamibookfair.com

$7: Short Film Festival

Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, the Miami Short Film Festival showcases more than 80 films from around the world that are 30 minutes or less in length. Each night of the festival, a series of films sharing a common theme are shown, including “Moments of Insanity” and “Ecstasy of Life.” Films are screened at a number of locations, including the Colony Theatre and Miami Beach Cinematheque. Visit miamishortfilmfestival.com for specific venue information for each showing. Discounted tickets are available at the door for students with ID.

Kari Scharf

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...