Photo, Uncategorized

Art for a Cause – Henna on the Rock

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a henna design for Karen Hernandez, senior, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “It’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a sebastian henna design for Chris Bates, junior, his first henna tattoo ever, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “it’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...