Photo, Uncategorized

Art for a Cause – Henna on the Rock

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a henna design for Karen Hernandez, senior, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “It’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a sebastian henna design for Chris Bates, junior, his first henna tattoo ever, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “it’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...