Photo, Uncategorized

Art for a Cause – Henna on the Rock

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a henna design for Karen Hernandez, senior, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “It’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a sebastian henna design for Chris Bates, junior, his first henna tattoo ever, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “it’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...