Photo, Uncategorized

Art for a Cause – Henna on the Rock

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a henna design for Karen Hernandez, senior, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “It’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Saramati Narasimhan, junior, does a sebastian henna design for Chris Bates, junior, his first henna tattoo ever, on Wednesday. Narasimhan created her one-woman organization “Art for a Cause,” to do henna, paintings, tattoo designs, graffiti and any other art with all the profits going to charity. Wednesday’s event was partnered with the Golden Key honor society and Delta Lambda Phi fraternity with all the proceeds going to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, “It’s my one-woman mission to save the world,” says Narasimhan, who started the organization after she was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder, “it’s sending out good vibes, art makes people happy and this helps kids get help… why not do this for other kids?” Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...