Movies under the stars in Miami Beach

Looking for a way to unwind during the stressful school week? All you need is a blanket, a bottle of wine (for those of age, of course) and your best buds, then head over to the Miami Beach SoundScape ExoStage.

The SoundScape Cinema Series is a part of the Arts in the Park program by the city of Miami Beach.

Featuring a 7,000-square-foot projection wall, spending the night lying under the stars while watching one of your favorite movies is no longer something you only see in the movies.

So far this season, the SoundScape Cinema Series has screened “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” and “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.”

This free weekly series happens on Wednesdays at 8 p.m., with favorites like “Moulin Rouge” and “Raiders of the Lost Ark” showing in the next couple of weeks.

The Miami Beach SoundScape ExoStage is located at the corner of 17th St. and Washington Ave.

If You Go

Where: Miami Beach SoundScape ExoStage, located at 17th St. and Washington Ave.
When: Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Upcoming:

“The Maltese Falcon”

”True Grit”

”Chicago”

”Some Like it Hot”

”Gremlins”

”Victor/Victoria”

”Ray”

Lauren Cohen

Contributing Edge Writer

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...