Sailing club prepares for Boston

Cayla Nimmo/Assistant Photo Editor

Junior Liam Munzenmaier (left) and sophomore Jared Payne work together to navigate their boat during the co-ed Sailing Club’s practice. Members practice Monday through Thursday at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club, which sits on Biscayne Bay.

Last year, the team went to nationals and placed 10th overall. The UM Sailing Club is unique in that its members thrive on competition, whereas other teams are more inclined to sail for recreation alone.

“Sailing isn’t so much into trophies on the collegiate level, unfortunately,” said Munzenmaier, the club’s president.

The club will head to Boston this weekend for the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Sailing club prepares for Boston”

1. Nikki Bruno says:

and.. awesome shot thanks guys for publishing us!

2. Nikki Bruno says:

Nikki Bruno is the president :)

3. Jared Payne says:

Liam is currently the Captain of the Sailing Hurricanes, not the President.

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...