Sailing club prepares for Boston

Cayla Nimmo/Assistant Photo Editor

Junior Liam Munzenmaier (left) and sophomore Jared Payne work together to navigate their boat during the co-ed Sailing Club’s practice. Members practice Monday through Thursday at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club, which sits on Biscayne Bay.

Last year, the team went to nationals and placed 10th overall. The UM Sailing Club is unique in that its members thrive on competition, whereas other teams are more inclined to sail for recreation alone.

“Sailing isn’t so much into trophies on the collegiate level, unfortunately,” said Munzenmaier, the club’s president.

The club will head to Boston this weekend for the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Sailing club prepares for Boston”

1. Nikki Bruno says:

and.. awesome shot thanks guys for publishing us!

2. Nikki Bruno says:

Nikki Bruno is the president :)

3. Jared Payne says:

Liam is currently the Captain of the Sailing Hurricanes, not the President.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...