News Briefs 11/10

DIVERSITY WEEK

From Monday to Saturday, the Unity Roundtable and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) will host UM’s first ever Diversity Week. The events will focus on the theme, “We are all the same in the fact that we’re different,” and will include a student cultural talent showcase, a diversity leadership retreat and more. Check out the calendar of events at miami.edu/diversityweek. For more information, call MSA at 305-284-2855.

LAUNCH PAD EVENTS

Universities and organizations from more than 100 countries will be celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week next Monday through Friday. Presented by the Launch Pad, this initiative will feature more than 20 events involving entrepreneurs in fashion, entertainment, technology, sciences trade and more. Reservations are required for all events. For event details and to register, visit thelaunchpad.org/GEW.

DANCE COMPETITION

The Council of International Students and Organizations will host its fifth annual international dance competition Thursday from 8:30 to 11 p.m. Celebrate the themes of musicals from around the world by watching students perform various cultural dances. Free snacks and refreshments will be provided.

Kyli Singh may be contacted at managing@themiamihurricane.com.

Kyli Singh

Managing Editor

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...