News Briefs 11/10

DIVERSITY WEEK

From Monday to Saturday, the Unity Roundtable and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) will host UM’s first ever Diversity Week. The events will focus on the theme, “We are all the same in the fact that we’re different,” and will include a student cultural talent showcase, a diversity leadership retreat and more. Check out the calendar of events at miami.edu/diversityweek. For more information, call MSA at 305-284-2855.

LAUNCH PAD EVENTS

Universities and organizations from more than 100 countries will be celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week next Monday through Friday. Presented by the Launch Pad, this initiative will feature more than 20 events involving entrepreneurs in fashion, entertainment, technology, sciences trade and more. Reservations are required for all events. For event details and to register, visit thelaunchpad.org/GEW.

DANCE COMPETITION

The Council of International Students and Organizations will host its fifth annual international dance competition Thursday from 8:30 to 11 p.m. Celebrate the themes of musicals from around the world by watching students perform various cultural dances. Free snacks and refreshments will be provided.

Kyli Singh may be contacted at managing@themiamihurricane.com.

Kyli Singh

Managing Editor

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...