Former secretary of state speaks about memoir

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will make a stop Thursday at the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse.

The University of Miami, in conjunction with Books & Books, will be hosting the event as part of Rice’s book tour. Her memoir, “No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington,” hit stores Wednesday. It focuses on her time working in Washington alongside former President George W. Bush.

Although tickets are sold out, students will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis once all ticketed guests have been seated.

Sophomore Brandon Rosenberg is excited to see Rice speak.

“It’ll be interesting to see what she has to say, especially from someone with a solid political background,” he said.

Other students do not agree with Rice’s conservative views.

“As a Democrat, I don’t agree with her opinions, so I have no interest in seeing her speak,” sophomore Caroline Helmers said.

IF YOU GO:

What: Condoleezza Rice book tour

When: Thursday, 1 p.m. Doors will open at noon.

Where: Fieldhouse at the BankUnited Center.

Tickets: Sold out, but students will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis after ticket holders are admitted.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...