Former secretary of state speaks about memoir

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will make a stop Thursday at the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse.

The University of Miami, in conjunction with Books & Books, will be hosting the event as part of Rice’s book tour. Her memoir, “No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington,” hit stores Wednesday. It focuses on her time working in Washington alongside former President George W. Bush.

Although tickets are sold out, students will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis once all ticketed guests have been seated.

Sophomore Brandon Rosenberg is excited to see Rice speak.

“It’ll be interesting to see what she has to say, especially from someone with a solid political background,” he said.

Other students do not agree with Rice’s conservative views.

“As a Democrat, I don’t agree with her opinions, so I have no interest in seeing her speak,” sophomore Caroline Helmers said.

IF YOU GO:

What: Condoleezza Rice book tour

When: Thursday, 1 p.m. Doors will open at noon.

Where: Fieldhouse at the BankUnited Center.

Tickets: Sold out, but students will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis after ticket holders are admitted.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...