News Briefs 10/27

A POLITICAL VISIT

Condoleezza Rice, former National Security Adviser and Secretary of State under the George W. Bush administration, is scheduled to speak to students on Nov. 3 at 1 p.m. in the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse. Rice will discuss her career in Washington and her new book, “No Higher Honor – A Memoir of My Years in Washington.” Students may pick up tickets with a valid Cane Card from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the UC Information Desk on Thursday. The first 200 students will receive a free book.

MOCK INTERVIEWS

The Toppel Career Center will be holding walk-in mini mock interviews with a peer adviser. Mock interviews are available Monday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

APPLE RAFFLE

The Office of Student Account Services is raffling an iPod Touch, iPad 2 and MacBook Pro in support of United Way. Tickets are being sold in the office (Ashe #158) Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Dec. 1. Tickets will be sold one for $5 or 3 for $10. The drawing will be held on Dec. 2 at noon. Winners will be contacted via email.

FREE PIZZA

The Society of Professional Journalists will be hosting a lunch in the School of Communication Courtyard on Thursday from 1 to 3 p.m. Students who give up their First Amendment right of freedom of speech will receive free pizza. For more information, email umspjinfo@gmail.com

SCHOLARSHIP

Sophomores and juniors pursuing a career in mathematics, engineering or the natural sciences may be eligible for the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship which covers up to $7,500 of expenses per year. Students with a strong academic record (3.7+ GPA) are encouraged to apply. For more information, email the Office of Prestigious Awards and Fellowships at prestigiousawards@miami.edu or visit miami.edu/awards.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...