Spice up your Halloweekend at these hot spots

Photo Illustration by Marlena Skrobe//Photo Editor

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Experience sassy transvestites and UFOs both on screen and in live acts by students. There will be screenings on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night from midnight to 2 a.m. It’s free for UM students, but bring your Cane Card. For more information, check out hurricaneproductions.org.

Cin-e-maze
Miami Beach Cinematheque has prepared a slightly more cultured sensory experience for all you former AV club elitists. At Cin-e-maze, take a walk through the installation, which lights up with scenes from German expressionist horror films for a series of truly twisted turns. Then catch showings of “Dr. Caligari” all night starting at 8 p.m. on Monday. The event will be at 1130 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. Tickets cost $5. For more information, visit mbcinema.com.

Oh Jack
Party at Dream in SoBe. The hotel will be transformed into London’s East End Whitechapel District circa 1888, where Jack the Ripper lurked in the streets. Pose for portraits in the bedroom of Mary Kelly, our dear Jack’s last victim. Lights go out at 9 p.m. on Saturday. Dream is located at 1111 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. Tickets cost $25 during the presale and $35 at the door. For more information, visit supermarketcreative.com.

Lincoln Road Zombie Walk
A casual stroll down the beach will turn into a dance with the undead as blood-covered zombies take over Lincoln Road this Saturday. It’s finally time to whip out those childhood “Monster Mash” moves and march toward the overpowering scent of brains. The walk runs from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. and starts at 420 Lincoln Rd. The event is free of charge.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Shakima Wimbley and Gracie Lachowecki, have officially been nam ...

Miami Deputy AD/SWA Jennifer Strawley has been named a member of the WBCA Board of Directors, as ann ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...