Jack-o’-Lantern treats

One thing I miss about my childhood in upstate New York is going to a local pumpkin patch and picking out the one I thought had all the characteristics of a great pumpkin. My carvings were always mediocre, but I learned how to scrape the inside of a Jack-o’-Lantern and harvest the seeds for a delicious snack. Never throw away these tear-shaped treats again. After basic carving rituals, separate the stringy elements from the seeds. Then, we’ll get started.

You will need:
-2 tsps olive oil
-1 ½ cups of pumpkin seeds
-salt
-cayenne pepper

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, pour in olive oil, then toss in the pumpkin seeds. Add your desired amount of salt and a dash of cayenne pepper. Spread seeds on tin foil and place them on a baking sheet. Turn every 15 minutes until golden brown.
Estimated time: 40 minutes.

Kevin F. Mason

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...