Jack-o’-Lantern treats

One thing I miss about my childhood in upstate New York is going to a local pumpkin patch and picking out the one I thought had all the characteristics of a great pumpkin. My carvings were always mediocre, but I learned how to scrape the inside of a Jack-o’-Lantern and harvest the seeds for a delicious snack. Never throw away these tear-shaped treats again. After basic carving rituals, separate the stringy elements from the seeds. Then, we’ll get started.

You will need:
-2 tsps olive oil
-1 ½ cups of pumpkin seeds
-salt
-cayenne pepper

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, pour in olive oil, then toss in the pumpkin seeds. Add your desired amount of salt and a dash of cayenne pepper. Spread seeds on tin foil and place them on a baking sheet. Turn every 15 minutes until golden brown.
Estimated time: 40 minutes.

Kevin F. Mason

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...