Nightlife madness on Halloween weekend

Dressed as a 1960s Pan Am stewardess or a stylish adman from the scenes of “Mad Men,” your Halloween costume should be designed for the endless slew of late-night soirees headed for the Magic City this weekend.
Just last week, party-goers flocked to Miami Beach for a DJ-fueled kickoff at LIV with Dirty Harry, Bobby Burns, Quintino and heavy-hitter Afrojack each tearing up the stage. And this week, Miami once again proves to be the unrivaled destination for nightlife madness with an Ultra-like weekend lineup.

THURSDAY

Miami’s own DJ Irie of 99 Jamz will welcome the crowd at SET nightclub while Thomas Gold stirs things up at LIV, both giving a glimpse of what’s to come.

FRIDAY

Once again, LIV will deliver with a solo performance by Axwell, the third Swede behind Swedish House Mafia, the DJ trio that brought the One Night Stand at the Masquerade Motel to Miami last Halloween. If flying solo doesn’t appease his fans, rumors have circulated about his expected arrival at “Back in Black” on Saturday night.

SATURDAY

Saturday is the most promising night of them all. Arrive in Downtown and prepare to enter “The Twilight Zone,” but not the creepy one your grandparents know.
From the outdoor terrace to the indoor main room, the Twilight Zone at Club Space will be a mix of perfectly-synced strobe lights dancing to the sounds of DJs Boris and Louis Puig.
Over the causeway and onto South Beach, Club Play will welcome 10 of Maxim magazine’s most attractive models as they prepare to award $1,000 to the best-dressed patron at the hip-hop hot spot.
Then, Wall Lounge at the W South Beach will channel Natalie Portman’s “Black Swan.” It’s encouraged for all to come dressed as characters from the movie, from the atypical ballerina to her dark counterpart.
The music continues at LIV from dusk until dawn where DJ Sander Van Doorn will be celebrating the newest tracks from his recent album, “Eleve11.”
Miami’s most anticipated event, “Back in Black,” is in the heart of Midtown, where Sebastian Ingrosso, Alesso, Erick Morillo, LA Riots, Patrick M, Bob Sinclair and others will join forces under a tent to present what Go Big Productions has dubbed “the largest dance music costume event in the U.S.”

SUNDAY

Finally, Avicii will wrap up the chaotic weekend at Mansion, known for its over-the-top Halloween bashes, alongside resident DJ Laurent Simeca and special guest Cassette.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba dominated the final two sets to register a 1-6, 6-1, 6-1 triumph over ...