Nightlife madness on Halloween weekend

Dressed as a 1960s Pan Am stewardess or a stylish adman from the scenes of “Mad Men,” your Halloween costume should be designed for the endless slew of late-night soirees headed for the Magic City this weekend.
Just last week, party-goers flocked to Miami Beach for a DJ-fueled kickoff at LIV with Dirty Harry, Bobby Burns, Quintino and heavy-hitter Afrojack each tearing up the stage. And this week, Miami once again proves to be the unrivaled destination for nightlife madness with an Ultra-like weekend lineup.

THURSDAY

Miami’s own DJ Irie of 99 Jamz will welcome the crowd at SET nightclub while Thomas Gold stirs things up at LIV, both giving a glimpse of what’s to come.

FRIDAY

Once again, LIV will deliver with a solo performance by Axwell, the third Swede behind Swedish House Mafia, the DJ trio that brought the One Night Stand at the Masquerade Motel to Miami last Halloween. If flying solo doesn’t appease his fans, rumors have circulated about his expected arrival at “Back in Black” on Saturday night.

SATURDAY

Saturday is the most promising night of them all. Arrive in Downtown and prepare to enter “The Twilight Zone,” but not the creepy one your grandparents know.
From the outdoor terrace to the indoor main room, the Twilight Zone at Club Space will be a mix of perfectly-synced strobe lights dancing to the sounds of DJs Boris and Louis Puig.
Over the causeway and onto South Beach, Club Play will welcome 10 of Maxim magazine’s most attractive models as they prepare to award $1,000 to the best-dressed patron at the hip-hop hot spot.
Then, Wall Lounge at the W South Beach will channel Natalie Portman’s “Black Swan.” It’s encouraged for all to come dressed as characters from the movie, from the atypical ballerina to her dark counterpart.
The music continues at LIV from dusk until dawn where DJ Sander Van Doorn will be celebrating the newest tracks from his recent album, “Eleve11.”
Miami’s most anticipated event, “Back in Black,” is in the heart of Midtown, where Sebastian Ingrosso, Alesso, Erick Morillo, LA Riots, Patrick M, Bob Sinclair and others will join forces under a tent to present what Go Big Productions has dubbed “the largest dance music costume event in the U.S.”

SUNDAY

Finally, Avicii will wrap up the chaotic weekend at Mansion, known for its over-the-top Halloween bashes, alongside resident DJ Laurent Simeca and special guest Cassette.

About Author

Jonathan Borge Assistant News Editor

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...