Photo

Celebrating with dance

George Wu//The Miami Hurricane

Junior Hong Uyen Hua dances during a Garba event hosted by the Indian Students Association.

“I have a dress from every culture … Indian, Chinese, Colombian,” she said. The event took place Friday evening at the Field House.

Garba is the Indian form of a dance originally from the Gujarat region. It is traditionally performed during the nine-day Hindu festival, Navaratri. Women and men wear colorful costumes when they perform the dances.

The Indian Students Association will host numerous events this week to celebrate the festival.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...

Miami Hurricanes tight end David Njoku was selected with the 29th overall pick by the Cleveland Brow ...