News briefs- 10/20

HOMECOMING CONCERT TICKETS

On Thursday, students with a valid Cane Card will be able to pick up one ticket for the Homecoming Concert from the UC ticket window from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students will be able to choose between a general admission ticket or a general seats ticket. Students may pick up one ticket for a guest beginning Oct. 31.

DOWNTOWN ARTS

The University of Miami’s Theatre Department will collaborate with the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts to present “The House of Bernarda Alba,” a show about women, honor and society. For $22, students are being offered a 50 percent discount for the show, which includes a post-show meet and greet. It will run until Sunday; performances are at 7 p.m. For tickets, visit arshtcenter.org.

M.B.A. INFORMATION SESSION

Students and alumni interested in pursuing an M.B.A. degree will be able to attend an information session hosted by the School of Business Administration on Thurs., Oct. 6 at 6 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. The event is free. For more information and to RSVP, call 305-284-2510 or email mba@miami.edu.

ELEVATOR PITCH CONTEST

From Monday to Wednesday, the Launch Pad at the Toppel Career Center will host their annual Elevator Pitch Contest, a 90-second proposal for a product or service. Students are eligible to compete for up to $100,000 in prizes. For more information, visit thelaunchpad.org/pitch2011.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...