News briefs- 10/20

HOMECOMING CONCERT TICKETS

On Thursday, students with a valid Cane Card will be able to pick up one ticket for the Homecoming Concert from the UC ticket window from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students will be able to choose between a general admission ticket or a general seats ticket. Students may pick up one ticket for a guest beginning Oct. 31.

DOWNTOWN ARTS

The University of Miami’s Theatre Department will collaborate with the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts to present “The House of Bernarda Alba,” a show about women, honor and society. For $22, students are being offered a 50 percent discount for the show, which includes a post-show meet and greet. It will run until Sunday; performances are at 7 p.m. For tickets, visit arshtcenter.org.

M.B.A. INFORMATION SESSION

Students and alumni interested in pursuing an M.B.A. degree will be able to attend an information session hosted by the School of Business Administration on Thurs., Oct. 6 at 6 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. The event is free. For more information and to RSVP, call 305-284-2510 or email mba@miami.edu.

ELEVATOR PITCH CONTEST

From Monday to Wednesday, the Launch Pad at the Toppel Career Center will host their annual Elevator Pitch Contest, a 90-second proposal for a product or service. Students are eligible to compete for up to $100,000 in prizes. For more information, visit thelaunchpad.org/pitch2011.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...