News briefs- 10/20

HOMECOMING CONCERT TICKETS

On Thursday, students with a valid Cane Card will be able to pick up one ticket for the Homecoming Concert from the UC ticket window from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students will be able to choose between a general admission ticket or a general seats ticket. Students may pick up one ticket for a guest beginning Oct. 31.

DOWNTOWN ARTS

The University of Miami’s Theatre Department will collaborate with the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts to present “The House of Bernarda Alba,” a show about women, honor and society. For $22, students are being offered a 50 percent discount for the show, which includes a post-show meet and greet. It will run until Sunday; performances are at 7 p.m. For tickets, visit arshtcenter.org.

M.B.A. INFORMATION SESSION

Students and alumni interested in pursuing an M.B.A. degree will be able to attend an information session hosted by the School of Business Administration on Thurs., Oct. 6 at 6 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. The event is free. For more information and to RSVP, call 305-284-2510 or email mba@miami.edu.

ELEVATOR PITCH CONTEST

From Monday to Wednesday, the Launch Pad at the Toppel Career Center will host their annual Elevator Pitch Contest, a 90-second proposal for a product or service. Students are eligible to compete for up to $100,000 in prizes. For more information, visit thelaunchpad.org/pitch2011.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...