News briefs- 10/20

HOMECOMING CONCERT TICKETS

On Thursday, students with a valid Cane Card will be able to pick up one ticket for the Homecoming Concert from the UC ticket window from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students will be able to choose between a general admission ticket or a general seats ticket. Students may pick up one ticket for a guest beginning Oct. 31.

DOWNTOWN ARTS

The University of Miami’s Theatre Department will collaborate with the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts to present “The House of Bernarda Alba,” a show about women, honor and society. For $22, students are being offered a 50 percent discount for the show, which includes a post-show meet and greet. It will run until Sunday; performances are at 7 p.m. For tickets, visit arshtcenter.org.

M.B.A. INFORMATION SESSION

Students and alumni interested in pursuing an M.B.A. degree will be able to attend an information session hosted by the School of Business Administration on Thurs., Oct. 6 at 6 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. The event is free. For more information and to RSVP, call 305-284-2510 or email mba@miami.edu.

ELEVATOR PITCH CONTEST

From Monday to Wednesday, the Launch Pad at the Toppel Career Center will host their annual Elevator Pitch Contest, a 90-second proposal for a product or service. Students are eligible to compete for up to $100,000 in prizes. For more information, visit thelaunchpad.org/pitch2011.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...