News briefs 10/17

DONUTS FOR A CAUSE
Order Krispy Kreme donuts from the Office of the Controller to support United Way. To order, call 305-284-4656, or email rrichards@miami.edu or bpope@miami.edu. The donuts will be ready for pickup on the first floor of the Gables One Tower on Thursday from 8:30 to 10 a.m. One dozen donuts are $7.

HERBERT HOEDOWN
The first Herbert Hoedown will be held on Friday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Wellness Center. DJ Kenny Henley from Davie’s Round Up will be playing all types of music, not just country. A bull-riding contest will also be a part of the evening’s events. The first 200 guests will receive giveaways.

FOOD TRUCK FRENZY
On Oct. 28 from 6 p.m. to midnight, local food trucks will once again park along Stanford Circle and offer freshly cooked, inexpensive meals. The event will kickoff the Homecoming opening ceremonies.
Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Randy Ableman has built something special with his Miami Hurricanes diving program. Here’s why: Ther ...

Two days after the University of Miami football team played its spring game, coach Mark Richt stayed ...

The University of Miami’s most anticipated Atlantic Coast Conference baseball series of the season e ...

The University of Miami announced Sunday evening that sophomore safety Jeff James, Jr., has parted w ...

UM’s 2018 recruiting class, already regarded as the best in the country, added two more gems over th ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

University of Miami men's tennis team is set to start ACC Championship play Wednesday in Rome, ...

Malcolm Grant plays for Tajfun Sentjur in Slovenia ...

The University of Miami Department of Athletics continued to earn high praise with its student-athle ...

The University of Miami men's tennis match against Virginia Tech has been cancelled due to heav ...

The series finale between Miami and Florida State at Mark Light Field was cancelled due to inclement ...