News briefs 10/17

DONUTS FOR A CAUSE
Order Krispy Kreme donuts from the Office of the Controller to support United Way. To order, call 305-284-4656, or email rrichards@miami.edu or bpope@miami.edu. The donuts will be ready for pickup on the first floor of the Gables One Tower on Thursday from 8:30 to 10 a.m. One dozen donuts are $7.

HERBERT HOEDOWN
The first Herbert Hoedown will be held on Friday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Wellness Center. DJ Kenny Henley from Davie’s Round Up will be playing all types of music, not just country. A bull-riding contest will also be a part of the evening’s events. The first 200 guests will receive giveaways.

FOOD TRUCK FRENZY
On Oct. 28 from 6 p.m. to midnight, local food trucks will once again park along Stanford Circle and offer freshly cooked, inexpensive meals. The event will kickoff the Homecoming opening ceremonies.
Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...