News briefs 10/17

DONUTS FOR A CAUSE
Order Krispy Kreme donuts from the Office of the Controller to support United Way. To order, call 305-284-4656, or email rrichards@miami.edu or bpope@miami.edu. The donuts will be ready for pickup on the first floor of the Gables One Tower on Thursday from 8:30 to 10 a.m. One dozen donuts are $7.

HERBERT HOEDOWN
The first Herbert Hoedown will be held on Friday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Wellness Center. DJ Kenny Henley from Davie’s Round Up will be playing all types of music, not just country. A bull-riding contest will also be a part of the evening’s events. The first 200 guests will receive giveaways.

FOOD TRUCK FRENZY
On Oct. 28 from 6 p.m. to midnight, local food trucks will once again park along Stanford Circle and offer freshly cooked, inexpensive meals. The event will kickoff the Homecoming opening ceremonies.
Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...