The flawed shuttle system

Where are the shuttles? Why is it so crowded in the shuttle? When will the next shuttle come? These questions and many more cross my mind everyday as I wait for the next shuttle to come. I live in an apartment on Bird Road, so it usually takes me 10 minutes to get to campus. However, since I was out of the country during the summer, I got stuck with parking in the Ponce de Leon Garage.

Even though it only takes me 10 minutes to get to school, it takes me 30 to 45 minutes to get from Ponce Garage to the Ungar Building. It might sound ridiculous, but it’s become part of my everyday routine. I have to wake up almost two hours before class starts just to make it on time.

I am not the only one having trouble with our shuttle system. Every day I see people left behind because there is not enough space or people waiting for more than 20 minutes to get on a shuttle. It has become a game, so as soon as you see the shuttle coming, you make your way to the entrance because you might not even get inside and you do not know when the next bus will come.

There are many people in our student body, so there is no reason we should pack in the shuttle like sardines and fight our way in so we can make it to class. Something must be done to improve our shuttle system. After all, we all need our sleep; we should be accommodated, so we are able to make it to class on time and in one piece.

Rosa Orihuela is a junior majoring in journalism and computer science.

Rosa Orihuela

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...