Save money, embrace inner child at popular attractions

Whether you’re a freshman who just moved to Miami or a senior who’s already getting nostalgic about leaving, there’s no better time to see the attractions in this area.

Why? Because October is Miami Attractions Month, meaning some of the most popular venues around town are offering great discounts. For broke college students like you and me, this is great news.

The theme, “Everyone’s a Kid,” will allow anyone visiting Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium and other locations to pay the price of a child’s admission fee, rather than the adult price.
If you haven’t been to Zoo Miami yet, now’s your chance to do so, while saving $4 on admission. The zoo is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and features more than 2,000 animals, including koalas, flamingos and elephants.

The Miami Seaquarium features exhibits and performances with many aquatic animals like whales, dolphins, sea lions, turtles, crocodiles and more. If you go this month, between 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., you can save $10 from the regular adult admission.
The Everglades Alligator Farm is offering buy-one-get-one-free adult and children tickets. Adults can pay the price of a child’s ticket at Jungle Island. Monkey Jungle is discounting all tickets by 50 percent.

The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are offering $3 and $1 discounts on adult and child tickets, respectively. The Deering Estate at Cutler is offering two adult tickets for $12, and HistoryMiami (featuring South Florida and Caribbean history) is 50 percent off all month, as are Big Bus Miami/Grayline tours around the city.

But wait, there’s more. Before you hop in your car or walk to the Metrorail, go online and print a coupon for the attraction you’re interested in.
Visit everyonesakid.com and click the various attractions in the left-hand column, then “Click Here for Coupon.” The addresses and hours are available on the site for all attractions.
So, embrace your inner child (and pay like a child), or spend another weekend cooped up at Richter … the choice is yours.

deannamavis

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...