Save money, embrace inner child at popular attractions

Whether you’re a freshman who just moved to Miami or a senior who’s already getting nostalgic about leaving, there’s no better time to see the attractions in this area.

Why? Because October is Miami Attractions Month, meaning some of the most popular venues around town are offering great discounts. For broke college students like you and me, this is great news.

The theme, “Everyone’s a Kid,” will allow anyone visiting Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium and other locations to pay the price of a child’s admission fee, rather than the adult price.
If you haven’t been to Zoo Miami yet, now’s your chance to do so, while saving $4 on admission. The zoo is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and features more than 2,000 animals, including koalas, flamingos and elephants.

The Miami Seaquarium features exhibits and performances with many aquatic animals like whales, dolphins, sea lions, turtles, crocodiles and more. If you go this month, between 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., you can save $10 from the regular adult admission.
The Everglades Alligator Farm is offering buy-one-get-one-free adult and children tickets. Adults can pay the price of a child’s ticket at Jungle Island. Monkey Jungle is discounting all tickets by 50 percent.

The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are offering $3 and $1 discounts on adult and child tickets, respectively. The Deering Estate at Cutler is offering two adult tickets for $12, and HistoryMiami (featuring South Florida and Caribbean history) is 50 percent off all month, as are Big Bus Miami/Grayline tours around the city.

But wait, there’s more. Before you hop in your car or walk to the Metrorail, go online and print a coupon for the attraction you’re interested in.
Visit everyonesakid.com and click the various attractions in the left-hand column, then “Click Here for Coupon.” The addresses and hours are available on the site for all attractions.
So, embrace your inner child (and pay like a child), or spend another weekend cooped up at Richter … the choice is yours.

About Author

Nicky Diaz Copy Chief

Here’s a positive sign for the University of Miami football program: receiver Lawrence Cager appears ...

Tidbits from UM spring football Day 4: • Three of what likely will be UM’s top four corners haven’t ...

You’ve probably seen them: the emotive tweets from University of Miami football coach Mark Richt and ...

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...