Save money, embrace inner child at popular attractions

Whether you’re a freshman who just moved to Miami or a senior who’s already getting nostalgic about leaving, there’s no better time to see the attractions in this area.

Why? Because October is Miami Attractions Month, meaning some of the most popular venues around town are offering great discounts. For broke college students like you and me, this is great news.

The theme, “Everyone’s a Kid,” will allow anyone visiting Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium and other locations to pay the price of a child’s admission fee, rather than the adult price.
If you haven’t been to Zoo Miami yet, now’s your chance to do so, while saving $4 on admission. The zoo is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and features more than 2,000 animals, including koalas, flamingos and elephants.

The Miami Seaquarium features exhibits and performances with many aquatic animals like whales, dolphins, sea lions, turtles, crocodiles and more. If you go this month, between 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., you can save $10 from the regular adult admission.
The Everglades Alligator Farm is offering buy-one-get-one-free adult and children tickets. Adults can pay the price of a child’s ticket at Jungle Island. Monkey Jungle is discounting all tickets by 50 percent.

The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are offering $3 and $1 discounts on adult and child tickets, respectively. The Deering Estate at Cutler is offering two adult tickets for $12, and HistoryMiami (featuring South Florida and Caribbean history) is 50 percent off all month, as are Big Bus Miami/Grayline tours around the city.

But wait, there’s more. Before you hop in your car or walk to the Metrorail, go online and print a coupon for the attraction you’re interested in.
Visit everyonesakid.com and click the various attractions in the left-hand column, then “Click Here for Coupon.” The addresses and hours are available on the site for all attractions.
So, embrace your inner child (and pay like a child), or spend another weekend cooped up at Richter … the choice is yours.

deannamavis

That nation-leading, 44-year NCAA tournament streak is not over yet. One swing of the bat on Saturda ...

View photos from the Virginia Tech at Miami Saturday, May 20, 20017, in Coral Galbes, Fla. … Click t ...

Here was a man who they aspired to be. Here was a millionaire. A local legend. An NFL star. A man wh ...

The Miami Hurricanes, fueled by exceptional pitching in both ends of a doubleheader, refuse to surre ...

Miles Wilson has narrowed his choices to Miami and Auburn, and will announce his decision after visi ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Thursday’s graduate degree ceremony was the largest in UM history ...

The No. 13-ranked University of Miami women's golf team had a 13-stroke improvement on Day 2 at ...

Game times have been set for the 2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship, and sixth-see ...

The University of Miami women's golf team waited around for nearly three hours to begin Day 2 c ...

Edgar Michelangeli capped the regular season with a walk-off, three-run home run, as Miami earned it ...

The No. 13-ranked University of Miami women's golf team opened competition Friday at the NCAA C ...