Save money, embrace inner child at popular attractions

Whether you’re a freshman who just moved to Miami or a senior who’s already getting nostalgic about leaving, there’s no better time to see the attractions in this area.

Why? Because October is Miami Attractions Month, meaning some of the most popular venues around town are offering great discounts. For broke college students like you and me, this is great news.

The theme, “Everyone’s a Kid,” will allow anyone visiting Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium and other locations to pay the price of a child’s admission fee, rather than the adult price.
If you haven’t been to Zoo Miami yet, now’s your chance to do so, while saving $4 on admission. The zoo is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and features more than 2,000 animals, including koalas, flamingos and elephants.

The Miami Seaquarium features exhibits and performances with many aquatic animals like whales, dolphins, sea lions, turtles, crocodiles and more. If you go this month, between 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., you can save $10 from the regular adult admission.
The Everglades Alligator Farm is offering buy-one-get-one-free adult and children tickets. Adults can pay the price of a child’s ticket at Jungle Island. Monkey Jungle is discounting all tickets by 50 percent.

The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are offering $3 and $1 discounts on adult and child tickets, respectively. The Deering Estate at Cutler is offering two adult tickets for $12, and HistoryMiami (featuring South Florida and Caribbean history) is 50 percent off all month, as are Big Bus Miami/Grayline tours around the city.

But wait, there’s more. Before you hop in your car or walk to the Metrorail, go online and print a coupon for the attraction you’re interested in.
Visit everyonesakid.com and click the various attractions in the left-hand column, then “Click Here for Coupon.” The addresses and hours are available on the site for all attractions.
So, embrace your inner child (and pay like a child), or spend another weekend cooped up at Richter … the choice is yours.

deannamavis

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...