News briefs: 10/13

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
Mixed martial arts are headed to the BankUnited Center (BUC) on Saturday at 8 p.m.
The main fights will showcase Marcus Davis against Chuck O’Neil and Luis Palomino against Edson Berto. Tickets for students are $25 and are available at ticketmaster.com, the BUC Ticketmaster window or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

HOPE FOR VISION
The first South Florida 5K run/walk to benefit Hope for Vision will be held on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. on Hollywood Beach. It will support research efforts to find a cure for blinding diseases. Registration begins at 6 a.m. and discounts are available for students. For more information and to register, visit hopeforvision.org/events/m5k2011.

IMPORTANT DATES
Spring 2012 registration appointments will be available on myUM on Oct. 24. The last day to drop a course for fall 2011 is Oct. 28. Online registration will begin on Nov. 7 for spring 2012.

MIAMI LAW FAIR
The annual Miami Law Fair will take place on Oct. 22 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Downtown Miami, which is accessible via Metrorail. It is located at 400 SE Second Ave. The fair will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Business-professional attire for seniors is highly encouraged, as this may be an opportunity to interview with admission officers. Business-casual attire for freshmen, sophomores and juniors is also encouraged. Flip-flops and T-shirts are not recommended. To RSVP, visit lsac.org/jd/choose/law-school-recruitment-forums.asp.

Jonathan Borge and Stephanie Parra may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...