News briefs: 10/13

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
Mixed martial arts are headed to the BankUnited Center (BUC) on Saturday at 8 p.m.
The main fights will showcase Marcus Davis against Chuck O’Neil and Luis Palomino against Edson Berto. Tickets for students are $25 and are available at ticketmaster.com, the BUC Ticketmaster window or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

HOPE FOR VISION
The first South Florida 5K run/walk to benefit Hope for Vision will be held on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. on Hollywood Beach. It will support research efforts to find a cure for blinding diseases. Registration begins at 6 a.m. and discounts are available for students. For more information and to register, visit hopeforvision.org/events/m5k2011.

IMPORTANT DATES
Spring 2012 registration appointments will be available on myUM on Oct. 24. The last day to drop a course for fall 2011 is Oct. 28. Online registration will begin on Nov. 7 for spring 2012.

MIAMI LAW FAIR
The annual Miami Law Fair will take place on Oct. 22 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Downtown Miami, which is accessible via Metrorail. It is located at 400 SE Second Ave. The fair will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Business-professional attire for seniors is highly encouraged, as this may be an opportunity to interview with admission officers. Business-casual attire for freshmen, sophomores and juniors is also encouraged. Flip-flops and T-shirts are not recommended. To RSVP, visit lsac.org/jd/choose/law-school-recruitment-forums.asp.

Jonathan Borge and Stephanie Parra may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...