News Briefs 10/10

Cooking Class

A cooking class will be held on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Wellness Center. Participants will learn how to make Dutch-oven baked artisan bread, a rustic apple galette, and a caramelized onion and goat cheese tart. The class will be taught by Chef Mercedes and will include recipes, cooking instruction and food tasting. Those attending should bring a container. The cost is $20 for students and Wellness Center members, and $25 for non-members. To register,  call 305-284-5433.

U.S. Marine Band

The U.S. Marine Band will be playing on Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the BankUnited Center. Tickets will be available at the UC Information Desk. Students can receive up to two free tickets. The band was founded in 1798 and is the oldest, continuously-active musical band. It consists of the Marine Chamber Orchestra, the Marine Chamber Ensembles and the U.S. Marine Band. It  conducts more than 500 public performances each year.

Fall Graduation

Students planning to graduate at the end of the fall semester must apply for graduation by Friday. The application is available online on myUM and completion of the form will allow students to order their caps and gowns, participate in commencement and have their names listed in the program booklet.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.  

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...