News Briefs 10/10

Cooking Class

A cooking class will be held on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Wellness Center. Participants will learn how to make Dutch-oven baked artisan bread, a rustic apple galette, and a caramelized onion and goat cheese tart. The class will be taught by Chef Mercedes and will include recipes, cooking instruction and food tasting. Those attending should bring a container. The cost is $20 for students and Wellness Center members, and $25 for non-members. To register,  call 305-284-5433.

U.S. Marine Band

The U.S. Marine Band will be playing on Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the BankUnited Center. Tickets will be available at the UC Information Desk. Students can receive up to two free tickets. The band was founded in 1798 and is the oldest, continuously-active musical band. It consists of the Marine Chamber Orchestra, the Marine Chamber Ensembles and the U.S. Marine Band. It  conducts more than 500 public performances each year.

Fall Graduation

Students planning to graduate at the end of the fall semester must apply for graduation by Friday. The application is available online on myUM and completion of the form will allow students to order their caps and gowns, participate in commencement and have their names listed in the program booklet.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.  

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...