Top four happy hour locations

Chili's offers a full liquor bar to patrons throughout the week. Cayla Nimmo//Photo Editor

After a long week of class, work, projects and anything else college life might throw at you, sometimes it’s important to just hang out with some close friends and knock a few drinks back. But with so many options available near campus,  it might not always be easy choosing a place to indulge without breaking the bank. Here, we have compiled a few of the best options close to campus.

FLANIGAN’S

There aren’t many late night options open as late as Flanigan’s. There are more than 20 locations in the South Florida area, but you can do no wrong with the restaurant in Coconut Grove. Flanigan’s offers a great happy hour that includes half-off drinks and the option to pair up pitchers of beer with different appetizers for free. Here’s a tip — you can’t go wrong with Wing Wednesdays.

Mondays – Fridays: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.   Weekends: Open – 7 p.m.

2721 Bird Ave., Coconut Grove

RA SUSHI

If you’re a sushi lover, this is the place to go. Ra’s happy hour menu offers a variety of sushi dishes and appetizers, as well as different drink options. Everything runs between $2 and $7. Among the more popular drinks is the 22-ounce Kirin with sake (sake bomb) for $7. Happy hour runs all week for those who need a midday break, but the best time to go is Sunday night. With a live DJ, ample seating both inside and out, and proximity to campus, it’s worth checking out.

Mondays – Saturdays: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.    Sundays: 8 p.m. – close

5829 SW 73rd St., Miami

CHILI’S

Chili’s happy hour is one of the best-kept secrets near campus. Two-for-one deals on everything except specialty drinks, every day from open to close means you won’t have to spend a lot of money to have a good time. With two locations close to campus and relatively inexpensive prices, Chili’s is a good spot to either start or end the night.

Mondays – Sunday: All hours of operation

8815 SW 72 Place, Miami and 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove

MR. MOE’S

Though Mr. Moe’s is already a popular spot for Thursday night Grove outings, what many people don’t realize is that it also has one of the longest running happy hours around. From Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Moe’s has plenty of beer specials and specialty shots for decent prices. Before it gets packed for College Night, it’s a nice spot to sit back and relax after a long day.

4Mondays – Fridays: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

3131 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Top four happy hour locations”

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Shakima Wimbley and Gracie Lachowecki, have officially been nam ...

Miami Deputy AD/SWA Jennifer Strawley has been named a member of the WBCA Board of Directors, as ann ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...