Top four happy hour locations

Chili's offers a full liquor bar to patrons throughout the week. Cayla Nimmo//Photo Editor

After a long week of class, work, projects and anything else college life might throw at you, sometimes it’s important to just hang out with some close friends and knock a few drinks back. But with so many options available near campus,  it might not always be easy choosing a place to indulge without breaking the bank. Here, we have compiled a few of the best options close to campus.

FLANIGAN’S

There aren’t many late night options open as late as Flanigan’s. There are more than 20 locations in the South Florida area, but you can do no wrong with the restaurant in Coconut Grove. Flanigan’s offers a great happy hour that includes half-off drinks and the option to pair up pitchers of beer with different appetizers for free. Here’s a tip — you can’t go wrong with Wing Wednesdays.

Mondays – Fridays: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.   Weekends: Open – 7 p.m.

2721 Bird Ave., Coconut Grove

RA SUSHI

If you’re a sushi lover, this is the place to go. Ra’s happy hour menu offers a variety of sushi dishes and appetizers, as well as different drink options. Everything runs between $2 and $7. Among the more popular drinks is the 22-ounce Kirin with sake (sake bomb) for $7. Happy hour runs all week for those who need a midday break, but the best time to go is Sunday night. With a live DJ, ample seating both inside and out, and proximity to campus, it’s worth checking out.

Mondays – Saturdays: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.    Sundays: 8 p.m. – close

5829 SW 73rd St., Miami

CHILI’S

Chili’s happy hour is one of the best-kept secrets near campus. Two-for-one deals on everything except specialty drinks, every day from open to close means you won’t have to spend a lot of money to have a good time. With two locations close to campus and relatively inexpensive prices, Chili’s is a good spot to either start or end the night.

Mondays – Sunday: All hours of operation

8815 SW 72 Place, Miami and 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove

MR. MOE’S

Though Mr. Moe’s is already a popular spot for Thursday night Grove outings, what many people don’t realize is that it also has one of the longest running happy hours around. From Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Moe’s has plenty of beer specials and specialty shots for decent prices. Before it gets packed for College Night, it’s a nice spot to sit back and relax after a long day.

4Mondays – Fridays: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

3131 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Top four happy hour locations”

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

Miami fell behind early and could not recover Sunday afternoon, falling in the series finale to host ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...