10/3 News Briefs

Four-star rating

For the 11th consecutive year, UM received Charity Navigator’s four-star rating, their highest ranking. This means the university practices its overall mission in an ethical and financially responsible way, and is among the 1 percent of charities that have received the rating in 11 consecutive years.

‘Ae Fond Kiss’

On Thursday, there will be a free screening of “Ae Fond Kiss,” a film about the controversial relationship between lovers of different religious backgrounds. The movie will play from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Hecht Residential College Master’s Apartment 122.

To RSVP, email WGS@miami.edu. Seating is limited to 25.

U.S. Marine Band

As part of Festival Miami’s Creative American Music Series, the U.S. Marine Band will perform a special blend of traditional and contemporary pieces on campus. The performance will be on Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the BankUnited Center.

Free tickets are available at the UC Information Desk with a valid Cane Card.

Etiquette dinner

The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs and the Toppel Career Center will be hosting an etiquette dinner on Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m. in the Hurricane 100 room at the BankUnited Center. Students will have the opportunity to practice their networking skills as they dine with companies such as Aerotek, GE, Prudential and Target. Registration begins Monday. To register, visit HireACane.com and see the events page. Students will be able to select which table they sit at.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor