Sports briefs 9/29

Football
Kickoff for the game at Virginia Tech on Oct. 8 will be at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN/ABC. Miami will travel up to Blacksburg to try and end over a two-game losing streak against the Hokies. First, the Canes will close out their homestand this Saturday against Bethune-Cookman. The game can be heard live on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.
Women’s Basketball
With the start of the season just over a month away, the women’s basketball team is starting to build up some preseason hype. After returning all the players from last year’s squad and adding some promising freshmen and transfer students, Miami is being considered a consensus top 10 team. The Canes’ highest preseason ranking is in Slam Magazine, where they are No. 4.
Volleyball
After shooting up a spot to the No. 20 position in the AVCA Poll, the Hurricanes volleyball team is preparing for a weekend homestand against ACC foes Wake Forest and Duke.
The Canes will take on the Demon Deacons on Friday at 7 p.m. Hurricane Force will be sponsoring a tailgate outside of the Knight Sports Complex beginning at 6 p.m. On Sunday, Miami will close out their homestand with a match against the Blue Devils at 1:30 p.m. Both games can be heard live on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Soccer
Coming off two straight losses away to Duke and Wake Forest, the Hurricanes will look to start a new winning streak at home this week when they play host to N.C. State and North Carolina. The Wolfpack come into town to face the Canes on Thursday at 7 p.m. The Tar Heels will then make their appearance at Cobb Field on Sunday at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor