Dear V

Dear V: Cherry popper pops in for a visit…

My friend, whom I also happened to lose my virginity to, is visiting Miami with his girlfriend. Although I haven’t seen him in a few years we have remained extremely close. His girlfriend doesn’t really know the full story about our relationship and I still have feelings for him … Would it be terribly wrong if they stayed at my place during their visit?

Seeking a moral compass 

Dear Opportunist,

There are a few avenues one could take in this situation. It’s certainly difficult to cast aside your feelings for the person you lost your virginity to, especially if you are still on amicable terms with that person. It would be “terribly wrong” if you bumped uglies with him and didn’t even invite her for a threesome, but so long as you keep your feelings in check during their visit, you won’t cause any serious damage.

It’s better that the girlfriend doesn’t know the full story. Sure, being honest with your partner is important, but there are some things, like ex-relationships and whether or not she’s gained weight, that you either ease into or don’t tell at all. This isn’t really dishonestly, it’s saving her from having a stroke during her vacation. I know it’s difficult because you do have feelings for him, but you have to be patient and wait for the right opening to tell him that; you don’t want to ruin a great friendship by putting him in an impossible situation. If you feel that you’re losing too much ground and you have to go “all in,” at least wait until the trip is over, there’s no need for you two girls to throw in mouth guards and march into the octagon.

You could challenge her to a duel if you want. Maybe head to the store and buy some of those foam play swords or some Hulk Hands. I wouldn’t recommend this approach (especially considering the last line of the paragraph I just wrote), but what the hell, it’s fun for me to imagine two women bashing each other with Hulk Hands in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart. This probably wouldn’t impress your boy too much, he probably wouldn’t ever talk to you again, but it would stroke his ego. If you want to creep the girl out, you could buy a pup tent and pitch it in the middle of your living room. Tell them they can’t stay in the spare room, or on the couch, because your roommate has leprosy. This doesn’t really solve your problem, but it would be kind of funny.

But, you should be fine, just be friendly and try to have fun with them. You don’t want to wear your heart on your sleeve, because complicating matters between them in your own house is going to escalate into something that might damage all hope for your future.

…and for God’s sake, don’t do anything I said in the 3rd paragraph,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison, who left the Hurricanes football pro ...

A six-pack of UM nuggets on a Tuesday: • UM receiver Dionte Mullins’ final statement this spring - i ...

The quarterback race at the University of Miami just got a lot tighter. Redshirt freshman Jack Allis ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

HurricaneSports.com caught up with Miami's current hardwood ProCanes. Here's where you can ...

A trio of Canes are represented in the polls, with Lomacki at No. 64 in the ITA Singles rankings and ...

The Miami women's tennis team has continued its rise up the ITA national rankings, checking in ...

Romy Gonzalez scored the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, and Miami held on for an 8-7 win over hos ...

University of Miami men's tennis team is set to start ACC Championship play Wednesday in Rome, ...