News briefs 9/26

Homecoming 2011
Groups of friends and members of organizations are encouraged to compete in the Homecoming events from Oct. 28 to Nov. 4. Team meetings are held on Mondays at 8 p.m. in the i-Lounge.
Students can participate in the parade, perform an organized cheer, volunteer at the Hurricanes Help the Hometown service day or participate in the blood drive. If interested, attend a meeting, or email umhomecoming11@gmail.com.
Free flu shots
Free flu shots are currently administered at the Student Health Center. They will also be available certain times at the locations and days listed below.
-Monday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30 – 4 p.m.
-Monday: Mahoney/Pearson Lobby 5:30-7:30 p.m.
-Tuesday: University Center Lobby 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Wednesday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.
-Oct. 4: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 5: Law School Student Lounge 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Oct. 6: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 10: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.

‘Magic of Reality’
Discover the distinguished biologist Richard Dawkins’ view on science and natural phenomena. His lecture will be held on Friday in the Storer Auditorium. It is free and open to the public. Dawkins is responsible for the “meme” concept and has written several books about evolution and various aspects of science.
The lecture is sponsored by The Appignani Foundation, UM’s Department of Philosophy and the Center for Humanities. For more information, call 305-284-4757.

Chelsea Kimmey may be contacted at ckimmey@themiamihurricane.com.

Chelsea Kimmey

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News briefs 9/26”

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

A sobering reminder came watching the Golden State Warriors slice through the NBA to a championship ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

The Miami women's swimming & diving program was among those recognized by the College Swimm ...

Five members of the University of Miami track and field program will compete against their country ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Dejan Vasiljevic is set to compete for Australia ...

Nine Hurricanes were named to Athlon Sports Preseason All-ACC Teams, including a conference-leading ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...