News briefs 9/26

Homecoming 2011
Groups of friends and members of organizations are encouraged to compete in the Homecoming events from Oct. 28 to Nov. 4. Team meetings are held on Mondays at 8 p.m. in the i-Lounge.
Students can participate in the parade, perform an organized cheer, volunteer at the Hurricanes Help the Hometown service day or participate in the blood drive. If interested, attend a meeting, or email umhomecoming11@gmail.com.
Free flu shots
Free flu shots are currently administered at the Student Health Center. They will also be available certain times at the locations and days listed below.
-Monday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30 – 4 p.m.
-Monday: Mahoney/Pearson Lobby 5:30-7:30 p.m.
-Tuesday: University Center Lobby 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Wednesday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.
-Oct. 4: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 5: Law School Student Lounge 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Oct. 6: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 10: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.

‘Magic of Reality’
Discover the distinguished biologist Richard Dawkins’ view on science and natural phenomena. His lecture will be held on Friday in the Storer Auditorium. It is free and open to the public. Dawkins is responsible for the “meme” concept and has written several books about evolution and various aspects of science.
The lecture is sponsored by The Appignani Foundation, UM’s Department of Philosophy and the Center for Humanities. For more information, call 305-284-4757.

Chelsea Kimmey may be contacted at ckimmey@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Chelsea Kimmey Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News briefs 9/26”

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

Briadam Herrera picked up the third All-America honor of his career Thursday with a fifth-place fini ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame will hold the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Tu ...

Football players Braxton Berrios and Demetrius Jackson, soccer player Phallon Tullis-Joyce, cross co ...