News briefs 9/26

Homecoming 2011
Groups of friends and members of organizations are encouraged to compete in the Homecoming events from Oct. 28 to Nov. 4. Team meetings are held on Mondays at 8 p.m. in the i-Lounge.
Students can participate in the parade, perform an organized cheer, volunteer at the Hurricanes Help the Hometown service day or participate in the blood drive. If interested, attend a meeting, or email umhomecoming11@gmail.com.
Free flu shots
Free flu shots are currently administered at the Student Health Center. They will also be available certain times at the locations and days listed below.
-Monday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30 – 4 p.m.
-Monday: Mahoney/Pearson Lobby 5:30-7:30 p.m.
-Tuesday: University Center Lobby 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Wednesday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.
-Oct. 4: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 5: Law School Student Lounge 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Oct. 6: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 10: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.

‘Magic of Reality’
Discover the distinguished biologist Richard Dawkins’ view on science and natural phenomena. His lecture will be held on Friday in the Storer Auditorium. It is free and open to the public. Dawkins is responsible for the “meme” concept and has written several books about evolution and various aspects of science.
The lecture is sponsored by The Appignani Foundation, UM’s Department of Philosophy and the Center for Humanities. For more information, call 305-284-4757.

Chelsea Kimmey may be contacted at ckimmey@themiamihurricane.com.

Chelsea Kimmey

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News briefs 9/26”

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...