News briefs 9/26

Homecoming 2011
Groups of friends and members of organizations are encouraged to compete in the Homecoming events from Oct. 28 to Nov. 4. Team meetings are held on Mondays at 8 p.m. in the i-Lounge.
Students can participate in the parade, perform an organized cheer, volunteer at the Hurricanes Help the Hometown service day or participate in the blood drive. If interested, attend a meeting, or email umhomecoming11@gmail.com.
Free flu shots
Free flu shots are currently administered at the Student Health Center. They will also be available certain times at the locations and days listed below.
-Monday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30 – 4 p.m.
-Monday: Mahoney/Pearson Lobby 5:30-7:30 p.m.
-Tuesday: University Center Lobby 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Wednesday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.
-Oct. 4: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 5: Law School Student Lounge 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Oct. 6: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 10: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.

‘Magic of Reality’
Discover the distinguished biologist Richard Dawkins’ view on science and natural phenomena. His lecture will be held on Friday in the Storer Auditorium. It is free and open to the public. Dawkins is responsible for the “meme” concept and has written several books about evolution and various aspects of science.
The lecture is sponsored by The Appignani Foundation, UM’s Department of Philosophy and the Center for Humanities. For more information, call 305-284-4757.

Chelsea Kimmey may be contacted at ckimmey@themiamihurricane.com.

Chelsea Kimmey

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News briefs 9/26”

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on fourth-ranked and third-seeded Astra Sharma Wednesd ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...