News briefs 9/26

Homecoming 2011
Groups of friends and members of organizations are encouraged to compete in the Homecoming events from Oct. 28 to Nov. 4. Team meetings are held on Mondays at 8 p.m. in the i-Lounge.
Students can participate in the parade, perform an organized cheer, volunteer at the Hurricanes Help the Hometown service day or participate in the blood drive. If interested, attend a meeting, or email umhomecoming11@gmail.com.
Free flu shots
Free flu shots are currently administered at the Student Health Center. They will also be available certain times at the locations and days listed below.
-Monday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30 – 4 p.m.
-Monday: Mahoney/Pearson Lobby 5:30-7:30 p.m.
-Tuesday: University Center Lobby 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Wednesday: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.
-Oct. 4: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 5: Law School Student Lounge 11:30-1:30 p.m.
-Oct. 6: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m.
-Oct. 10: Starbucks/Richter Green Area 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.

‘Magic of Reality’
Discover the distinguished biologist Richard Dawkins’ view on science and natural phenomena. His lecture will be held on Friday in the Storer Auditorium. It is free and open to the public. Dawkins is responsible for the “meme” concept and has written several books about evolution and various aspects of science.
The lecture is sponsored by The Appignani Foundation, UM’s Department of Philosophy and the Center for Humanities. For more information, call 305-284-4757.

Chelsea Kimmey may be contacted at ckimmey@themiamihurricane.com.

Chelsea Kimmey

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News briefs 9/26”

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...