Hippies unite at global EarthDance festival

Heather Foy, Debby Carrigan and others do tricks with light-up hula hoops as soon as the sun set during the Earthdance Miami festival. This festival was a part of a synchronized global peace prayer which occurred at 7 pm, but the festivla included other events such as Thai Yoga, drum circles, continual music, and vegan food. Cayla Nimmo//Assistant Photo Editor

Welcome to the hippie movement of the 21st century. The EarthDance Miami festival at Seventh Circuit Studios was part of a simultaneous international celebration that occurred on Saturday in over 350 global locations.
The event merged arts, health and environmental awareness with its conscious-culture workshops, performances and vendors.
The most prominent aspect of EarthDance was the diverse crowd – all ages and backgrounds were welcomed.
Gongs greeted guests in the guided group meditation, and yoga workshops worked to relieve stress and help patrons channel their positive energy.
Neighboring clothing vendors offered unique pieces to meet any tie-dye and feather fanatic’s needs. Apart from the vendors, there was a stage for musical performances, shaded by trees decorated in Tibetan peace flags.
The crowd danced to everything from African tribal drums to house beats, just another element that made EarthDance unlike anything else.

Sarah Hall

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...