Sports Briefs 9/22

Football

The time for this weekend’s matchup between Miami and Kansas State has been announced. The two teams will kick off at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The gates to the stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. It was also announced that kickoff for the Canes and the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats has been set for 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 1, ending Miami’s three-game homestand.

After its initial success last week, the team has decided to make the Hurricane Walk a new tradition. Fans are encouraged to form a “human tunnel” from Gate H to Gate A two hours prior to kickoff.

Baseball

Volunteer assistant coach Roger Tomas has resigned from his position in order to pursue other career opportunities. Tomas played for the Canes from 2004-07, and came back as a volunteer to help the team before the 2010 season. The search for a new volunteer assistant will begin immediately.

Volleyball

After a week off, the Canes volleyball team will hit the road once again as they travel to Virginia for a pair of ACC matchups. First, they will face off against the Virginia Tech Hokies on Friday night at 7 p.m. After a day off, they will end the road trip by traveling to Charlottesville to take on Virginia at 12:30 p.m. The Canes will return home to take on the Duke Blue Devils on Sept. 30.

Soccer

Riding a seven-game winning streak, the Canes will head up to North Carolina this weekend to take on both Duke and Wake Forest. They will face off against the Blue Devils on Friday beginning at 7:05 p.m., with the Demon Deacons on slate for Sunday at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...