Sports Briefs 9/22

Football

The time for this weekend’s matchup between Miami and Kansas State has been announced. The two teams will kick off at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The gates to the stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. It was also announced that kickoff for the Canes and the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats has been set for 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 1, ending Miami’s three-game homestand.

After its initial success last week, the team has decided to make the Hurricane Walk a new tradition. Fans are encouraged to form a “human tunnel” from Gate H to Gate A two hours prior to kickoff.

Baseball

Volunteer assistant coach Roger Tomas has resigned from his position in order to pursue other career opportunities. Tomas played for the Canes from 2004-07, and came back as a volunteer to help the team before the 2010 season. The search for a new volunteer assistant will begin immediately.

Volleyball

After a week off, the Canes volleyball team will hit the road once again as they travel to Virginia for a pair of ACC matchups. First, they will face off against the Virginia Tech Hokies on Friday night at 7 p.m. After a day off, they will end the road trip by traveling to Charlottesville to take on Virginia at 12:30 p.m. The Canes will return home to take on the Duke Blue Devils on Sept. 30.

Soccer

Riding a seven-game winning streak, the Canes will head up to North Carolina this weekend to take on both Duke and Wake Forest. They will face off against the Blue Devils on Friday beginning at 7:05 p.m., with the Demon Deacons on slate for Sunday at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs 9/22”

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...