News Briefs 9/22

CPR Class

The Heart Saver CPR with AED class will be held on Tuesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The class will teach CPR, choking relief and barrier devices on all ages.

There will be an optional class for CPR and choking relief for infants, and for CPR with a mask for all ages.  The class costs $30 for student members, $35 for non-student members and $40 for non-members.

To register, call 305-284-5433 or visit the Wellness Enrichment Suite, which is in the Wellness Center.

CERT Session

The Canes Emergency Response Team (CERT) will be holding a session on Sept. 29 in UC237 at 7 p.m. CERT is UM’s student-led response team that trains its members for emergency drills by teaching them first aid, medical operations, victim assessment, fire suppression, and search and rescue.

For more information, visit their table in the Breezeway  on Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or visit  Stanford Residential College on Wednesday from 6:30 to 9 p.m.

Network event 

Network with members of the Woodson Williams Marshall Association (WWMA) on Wednesday at 5 p.m. in the Mahoney Residential College Master’s Apartment.

Dinner will be provided at the event. If interested, call 305-284-2855 for any questions or to RSVP. For more information, email multicultural.studentaffairs@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 9/22”

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...