News Briefs 9/19

SG Elections

Student Government Elections will be held Monday through Wednesday in the UC Breezeway from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students will be voting on the following seats:

-Freshman Class Senators

-Sophomore Class Senators

-Junior Class Senators

-Senior Class Senators

-Eaton Residential College Senator

-Hecht Residential College Senator

-Stanford Residential College Senator

-Mahoney Residential College Senator

-Pearson Residential College Senator

-Commuter Senators

-University Village Senator

-Fraternity Row Senator

-College of Arts and Science Senators

-Frost School of Music Senator

-School of Business Senator

-School of Communication Senator

-School of Education Senator

-School of Nursing & Health Science Senator

Study Abroad Fair

Students interested in studying abroad can receive information from administrators, professors and past participants at the annual fair on Wednesday. The event will be held in the UC’s lower lounge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Discover where and when you can go, and how your current financial aid package and UM scholarships can be used. Students of all majors welcome.

Networking event 

Network with members of the Woodson Williams Marshall Association, an organization that serves as vital resources for black students, and promotes the retention of black faculty and administrators at the school. Dinner will be provided at the event. If interested, call 305-284-2855 for any questions or to RSVP. For more information, email multicultural.studentaffairs@miami.edu.

Chelsea Kimmey may be contacted at ckimmey@themiamihurricane.com.

Chelsea Kimmey

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 9/19”

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...