News Briefs 9/19

SG Elections

Student Government Elections will be held Monday through Wednesday in the UC Breezeway from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students will be voting on the following seats:

-Freshman Class Senators

-Sophomore Class Senators

-Junior Class Senators

-Senior Class Senators

-Eaton Residential College Senator

-Hecht Residential College Senator

-Stanford Residential College Senator

-Mahoney Residential College Senator

-Pearson Residential College Senator

-Commuter Senators

-University Village Senator

-Fraternity Row Senator

-College of Arts and Science Senators

-Frost School of Music Senator

-School of Business Senator

-School of Communication Senator

-School of Education Senator

-School of Nursing & Health Science Senator

Study Abroad Fair

Students interested in studying abroad can receive information from administrators, professors and past participants at the annual fair on Wednesday. The event will be held in the UC’s lower lounge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Discover where and when you can go, and how your current financial aid package and UM scholarships can be used. Students of all majors welcome.

Networking event 

Network with members of the Woodson Williams Marshall Association, an organization that serves as vital resources for black students, and promotes the retention of black faculty and administrators at the school. Dinner will be provided at the event. If interested, call 305-284-2855 for any questions or to RSVP. For more information, email multicultural.studentaffairs@miami.edu.

Chelsea Kimmey may be contacted at ckimmey@themiamihurricane.com.

Chelsea Kimmey

Assistant News Editor

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...