Sports briefs 9-15

SOCCER

The Hurricanes face their first ACC test of the season Thursday afternoon against the Clemson Tigers. Last year, the Canes traveled up to South Carolina and came away with a 3-0 win over their division foes. The game will be at Cobb Field at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s game, the gates at Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. and kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. Bus services will be transporting students; drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Students interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the wellness center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

GOLF

The Hurricanes golf team wrapped up its first tournament of the season in Harahan, S.C., with a 12th-place finish in the Cougar Classic. Senior Jennifer Hirano and freshman Leticia Ras-Anderica both each shot a final-round 72. The Canes will be off until Saturday when they take part in the Mary Fossum Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 9-15”

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...