Sports briefs 9-15

SOCCER

The Hurricanes face their first ACC test of the season Thursday afternoon against the Clemson Tigers. Last year, the Canes traveled up to South Carolina and came away with a 3-0 win over their division foes. The game will be at Cobb Field at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s game, the gates at Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. and kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. Bus services will be transporting students; drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Students interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the wellness center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

GOLF

The Hurricanes golf team wrapped up its first tournament of the season in Harahan, S.C., with a 12th-place finish in the Cougar Classic. Senior Jennifer Hirano and freshman Leticia Ras-Anderica both each shot a final-round 72. The Canes will be off until Saturday when they take part in the Mary Fossum Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...