Sports briefs 9-15

SOCCER

The Hurricanes face their first ACC test of the season Thursday afternoon against the Clemson Tigers. Last year, the Canes traveled up to South Carolina and came away with a 3-0 win over their division foes. The game will be at Cobb Field at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s game, the gates at Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. and kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. Bus services will be transporting students; drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Students interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the wellness center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

GOLF

The Hurricanes golf team wrapped up its first tournament of the season in Harahan, S.C., with a 12th-place finish in the Cougar Classic. Senior Jennifer Hirano and freshman Leticia Ras-Anderica both each shot a final-round 72. The Canes will be off until Saturday when they take part in the Mary Fossum Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 9-15”

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...