Multimedia, Photo

Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest

Sagette Van Embden

Lucy Hansen and participants of the Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Contest, wait for Sean Reichert, the director of education for Slow Food Miami and Ivette Charlton a member of Slow Food Miami board of directors, to serve slices of each pie that were entered in the contest. The contest took place on Sept. 10 in Coconut Grove.  People were allowed to taste the pies before buying them. The event was organized by Slow Food Miami, and sponsored by Whole Foods Market.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest”

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...