Multimedia, Photo

Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest

Sagette Van Embden

Lucy Hansen and participants of the Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Contest, wait for Sean Reichert, the director of education for Slow Food Miami and Ivette Charlton a member of Slow Food Miami board of directors, to serve slices of each pie that were entered in the contest. The contest took place on Sept. 10 in Coconut Grove.  People were allowed to taste the pies before buying them. The event was organized by Slow Food Miami, and sponsored by Whole Foods Market.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest”

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...