Multimedia, Photo

Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest

Sagette Van Embden

Lucy Hansen and participants of the Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Contest, wait for Sean Reichert, the director of education for Slow Food Miami and Ivette Charlton a member of Slow Food Miami board of directors, to serve slices of each pie that were entered in the contest. The contest took place on Sept. 10 in Coconut Grove.  People were allowed to taste the pies before buying them. The event was organized by Slow Food Miami, and sponsored by Whole Foods Market.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest”

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...