Multimedia, Photo

Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest

Sagette Van Embden

Lucy Hansen and participants of the Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Contest, wait for Sean Reichert, the director of education for Slow Food Miami and Ivette Charlton a member of Slow Food Miami board of directors, to serve slices of each pie that were entered in the contest. The contest took place on Sept. 10 in Coconut Grove.  People were allowed to taste the pies before buying them. The event was organized by Slow Food Miami, and sponsored by Whole Foods Market.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest”

The University of Miami baseball team isn’t used to straddling the fence when it comes to being invi ...

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team forced a third set in the NCAA Singles ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...