Pizza food truck to roll on to campus

A hurricane will hit the University of Miami when the Uragano pizza truck, named for the Italian word for hurricane, arrives on campus at the end of October.

Recognizing the need for a pizza eatery on campus after the Rathskeller took over the former location of Sbarro, the UM Department of Dining Services worked with Chartwells to launch a pizza truck.

“[The pizza truck] has been built expressly for Chartwells,” said Sandra Redway, the executive director of business services. “There is a pizza oven on board.”

The Uragano will feature freshly made whole wheat and traditional dough as well as mozzarella. Customers will have the option of 10 different types of pizza such as margherita, BBQ chicken and Caesar salad.

There will also be a pizza named exclusively for the university called, “The U Bomb,” which consists of bacon, sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, peppers, onion and mozzarella.

In addition to pizza, The Uragano will serve hero sandwiches.

When the truck arrives in late October, it will run from Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and on the weekends 4 to 11 p.m.

“I think it will be a great addition to campus to have access to fresh pizza on a regular basis,” freshman Brynn Freeland said.

The truck will be found in different spots around campus like the Rock, McLamore Plaza, the School of Nursing and  School of Communication Parking Lot, the UV, and the Hecht-Stanford and Mahoney Pearson Residence Halls.

Students will also be able to communicate with the truck to get it to move to a certain hot spot.

“The beauty of this is that the students will be able to tweet the truck once it comes to campus,” said Redway. “We will know the heavy areas and the truck can be moved there.”

Jackie Salo

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...