News Briefs 9/12

PERUVIAN CUISINE

Learn to make ceviche, papas a la huancaina and alfajores with Chef Mercedes at the Wellness Center on Tuesday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The class is $20 for UM students and WC members; $25 for non-members. Register inside the Wellness Enrichment Suite or call 305-284-5433.

MEDITATE FOR FREE

For a short break from your daily routine, head to the Wellness Center for a free meditation class led by Lunthita Duthely, a follower of Sri Chinmoy teachings. The class is on Tuesday from 7:30 to 9 p.m. RSVP to 305-284-LIFE (5433).

RESUME CRITIQUE

The Toppel Career Center invites you to have your resume critiqued at Resumania. Stop by Toppel Monday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a printed copy of your resume to prepare for Career Expo, or any upcoming job or internship opportunities.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 9/12”

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...