News Briefs 9/12

PERUVIAN CUISINE

Learn to make ceviche, papas a la huancaina and alfajores with Chef Mercedes at the Wellness Center on Tuesday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The class is $20 for UM students and WC members; $25 for non-members. Register inside the Wellness Enrichment Suite or call 305-284-5433.

MEDITATE FOR FREE

For a short break from your daily routine, head to the Wellness Center for a free meditation class led by Lunthita Duthely, a follower of Sri Chinmoy teachings. The class is on Tuesday from 7:30 to 9 p.m. RSVP to 305-284-LIFE (5433).

RESUME CRITIQUE

The Toppel Career Center invites you to have your resume critiqued at Resumania. Stop by Toppel Monday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a printed copy of your resume to prepare for Career Expo, or any upcoming job or internship opportunities.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Jonathan Borge Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 9/12”

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...