Sports briefs 9/12

SOCCER

After a weeklong break since the team’s double-overtime win against Florida Gulf Coast Tuesday, the Canes’ soccer team is set to return to the pitch Thursday night for their first ACC matchup of the year against the Clemson Tigers. Miami is currently 5-1 on the year heading into the matchup, with their only loss coming against the Florida Gators at the start off the season. The game can be viewed live at Cobb Field on Thursday evening at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s 7:30 p.m. matchup between the Hurricanes and the Ohio State Buckeyes, the gates to Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. Although bus services will be transporting students, drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Any student interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the Wellness Center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

VOLLEYBALL

Following the team’s 3-1 win over the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday night, the Canes will travel to Tallahassee and take on No. 24 Florida State Wednesday night. The game is at 8 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN-U.

CROSS COUNTRY

The Hurricanes cross-country team competed this past weekend at the Bulls Cross Country Invitational hosted by the University of South Florida. The men’s team finished second overall after a second place finish by sophomore Luke Fontaine. The women finished eighth overall. The team will be off until Sept.24, when they travel to Gainesville to take part in the Mountain Dew Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...