News Briefs 9/8

Health Fair

Free health screenings and information on employment opportunities and training will be offered at UM’s new Life Science & Technology Park on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Remembering 9/11

Marking the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks, the UM community will honor the lives of the victims of the attacks in New York City, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania. A ceremony will be held at the Rock on Sunday at 7:30 p.m.

CNN Anchor at UM

CNN anchor and correspondent Soledad O’Brien will speak and screen portions of her latest documentary, “In Her Corner: Latino in America” on Monday at 7 p.m. in the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse. The event is free and open to the UM community.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 9/8”

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...