News Briefs: 8/25

Open Positions Now Available

COSO

The Committee On Student Organizations (COSO) is accepting applications for Organization Registration Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Constitutional Review, Member at Large and Freshman Member at Large. COSO assists all student organizations, and hosts large events like Canefest and the spring involvement fair. Applications are available at the Smith Tucker Involvement Center (STIC), in UC 209, and are due Sept. 9 at 5 p.m. in the same location. For more information, contact Coral Millican at COSO_chair@miami.edu.

SAFAC

Freshmen and sophomore delegate positions are now open on the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC). SAFAC is responsible for determining how much funding is awarded to each registered student organization. To apply, contact the SAFAC Chair Phil Sookram at safac@miami.edu, or visit miami.edu/student-activities.

HEC

The Homecoming Executive Committee (HEC) is seeking transfer and freshmen students to help with this year’s homecoming festivities. Members are required to plan and attend the events. For more information, visit miami.edu/homecoming.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team fought valiantly at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center, but ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...