News Briefs: 8/25

Open Positions Now Available

COSO

The Committee On Student Organizations (COSO) is accepting applications for Organization Registration Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Constitutional Review, Member at Large and Freshman Member at Large. COSO assists all student organizations, and hosts large events like Canefest and the spring involvement fair. Applications are available at the Smith Tucker Involvement Center (STIC), in UC 209, and are due Sept. 9 at 5 p.m. in the same location. For more information, contact Coral Millican at COSO_chair@miami.edu.

SAFAC

Freshmen and sophomore delegate positions are now open on the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC). SAFAC is responsible for determining how much funding is awarded to each registered student organization. To apply, contact the SAFAC Chair Phil Sookram at safac@miami.edu, or visit miami.edu/student-activities.

HEC

The Homecoming Executive Committee (HEC) is seeking transfer and freshmen students to help with this year’s homecoming festivities. Members are required to plan and attend the events. For more information, visit miami.edu/homecoming.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs: 8/25”

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...