Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility

Starting Aug. 25, students will be able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, will operate from Thursday through Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” said director of dining services Ana Alvarez in an email.

The menu will feature meal options from breakfast to dessert. There will be a specially made omelet station as well as another for grilled items such as hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station will have a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options. If students are looking for dessert, there will also be yogurt and toppings offered.

Some students who cannot easily access off campus eateries look forward to this option.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility”

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The two year project looks to improve forecast predictions that would look three to four weeks out, ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...