Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility

Starting Aug. 25, students will be able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, will operate from Thursday through Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” said director of dining services Ana Alvarez in an email.

The menu will feature meal options from breakfast to dessert. There will be a specially made omelet station as well as another for grilled items such as hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station will have a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options. If students are looking for dessert, there will also be yogurt and toppings offered.

Some students who cannot easily access off campus eateries look forward to this option.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

About Author

Jackie Salo

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility”

Here’s a positive sign for the University of Miami football program: receiver Lawrence Cager appears ...

Tidbits from UM spring football Day 4: • Three of what likely will be UM’s top four corners haven’t ...

You’ve probably seen them: the emotive tweets from University of Miami football coach Mark Richt and ...

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...