Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility

Starting Aug. 25, students will be able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, will operate from Thursday through Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” said director of dining services Ana Alvarez in an email.

The menu will feature meal options from breakfast to dessert. There will be a specially made omelet station as well as another for grilled items such as hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station will have a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options. If students are looking for dessert, there will also be yogurt and toppings offered.

Some students who cannot easily access off campus eateries look forward to this option.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility”

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...