Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility

Starting Aug. 25, students will be able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, will operate from Thursday through Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” said director of dining services Ana Alvarez in an email.

The menu will feature meal options from breakfast to dessert. There will be a specially made omelet station as well as another for grilled items such as hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station will have a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options. If students are looking for dessert, there will also be yogurt and toppings offered.

Some students who cannot easily access off campus eateries look forward to this option.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Late-night food options give students extra freedom, flexibility”

Randy Ableman has built something special with his Miami Hurricanes diving program. Here’s why: Ther ...

Two days after the University of Miami football team played its spring game, coach Mark Richt stayed ...

The University of Miami’s most anticipated Atlantic Coast Conference baseball series of the season e ...

The University of Miami announced Sunday evening that sophomore safety Jeff James, Jr., has parted w ...

UM’s 2018 recruiting class, already regarded as the best in the country, added two more gems over th ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

University of Miami men's tennis team is set to start ACC Championship play Wednesday in Rome, ...

Malcolm Grant plays for Tajfun Sentjur in Slovenia ...

The University of Miami Department of Athletics continued to earn high praise with its student-athle ...

The University of Miami men's tennis match against Virginia Tech has been cancelled due to heav ...

The series finale between Miami and Florida State at Mark Light Field was cancelled due to inclement ...