News Briefs 8/22

Satisfying driving needs on campus

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Mini-Flow (Florida Licensing On Wheels) will be renewing vehicle registrations and renewing, replacing, exchanging or receiving new Florida State Driver’s Licenses this week. Written exams and driving tests will not be offered. Appointments are not necessary.

Mini-Flow will be in the first-floor lounge of the University Center from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.

For more information, visit miami.edu/police.

Fall 2011 academic schedule

Wednesday – Classes begin

Sept. 2 – Last day to register for or add a class

Sept. 9 – Last day to drop a course without a “W”

Oct. 17 – Last day to apply for graduation

Oct. 28 – Last day to drop a course

Student Employment Fair

The Student Employment Fair will be held Monday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge. Offices on campus looking to hire will be on-site, including Whitten University Center, Calling Canes, Athletics Facilities, UM Libraries and Dining Services. Be sure to bring a copy of your resume and your class schedule.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 8/22”

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...