Gameday Gear: All about wearing the right colors to represent the U

It’s that time again: break out the scissors, body glitters and paint, the first home game of the season is right around the corner and it’s all about the gear. Turn these top five trends into your go-to game day style.

1. Army Fatigues – Have one of this fall’s hottest trends be your game day garb. This statement style alludes to the hey-day of Hurricane sports when our players showed up to the ’87 Fiesta Bowl looking more like infantrymen than athletes. Whether shorts, leggings, or a camouflaged cap, army print will take your look to a whole ‘nother level.

2. Shredded and shorn – The most classic way to get ready for the game is to whip out the scissors and cut your way to a picture (pitcher) perfect ensemble. Whether sliced at the sides, shredded over your midriff, or cut into a makeshift tube dress, this is one of the easiest ways to turn your school tees into wearable works of art.

3. Orange, green and (don’t forget the) white – It’s not Labor Day yet, so break out the white shorts while your legs are still tan. This is also the only time when you can wear tube socks in public without looking like a cracked-out Girls Next Door wannabe.

4. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize – Beads, bands, and bangles galore – just make sure they’re in our colors. Body paint at your own discretion but if you can’t glitter like the glitter girls, you might as well not glitter at all.

5. Cool kicks – Last but not least, let’s talk about your feet. Bust out the high topped, candy-colored Nikes or sequin Keds you’ve been hiding in your closet all summer. Converse and distressed cowboy boots are also welcome. Life’s too short for brown flip-flops, anyway.

June 5, 2011

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...