Gameday Gear: All about wearing the right colors to represent the U

It’s that time again: break out the scissors, body glitters and paint, the first home game of the season is right around the corner and it’s all about the gear. Turn these top five trends into your go-to game day style.

1. Army Fatigues – Have one of this fall’s hottest trends be your game day garb. This statement style alludes to the hey-day of Hurricane sports when our players showed up to the ’87 Fiesta Bowl looking more like infantrymen than athletes. Whether shorts, leggings, or a camouflaged cap, army print will take your look to a whole ‘nother level.

2. Shredded and shorn – The most classic way to get ready for the game is to whip out the scissors and cut your way to a picture (pitcher) perfect ensemble. Whether sliced at the sides, shredded over your midriff, or cut into a makeshift tube dress, this is one of the easiest ways to turn your school tees into wearable works of art.

3. Orange, green and (don’t forget the) white – It’s not Labor Day yet, so break out the white shorts while your legs are still tan. This is also the only time when you can wear tube socks in public without looking like a cracked-out Girls Next Door wannabe.

4. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize – Beads, bands, and bangles galore – just make sure they’re in our colors. Body paint at your own discretion but if you can’t glitter like the glitter girls, you might as well not glitter at all.

5. Cool kicks – Last but not least, let’s talk about your feet. Bust out the high topped, candy-colored Nikes or sequin Keds you’ve been hiding in your closet all summer. Converse and distressed cowboy boots are also welcome. Life’s too short for brown flip-flops, anyway.

June 5, 2011

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...