Business administration dean announced

The School of Business Administration announced that Eugene W. Anderson would be assuming the role of dean on August 1.

A marketing specialist, Anderson previously served for than twenty years at the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business as a professor of marketing and as a senior associate dean for academic affairs

Prior to that, he earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a doctorate degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.

During his time at the University of Michigan, Anderson proved key in establishing the School of Business’s Executive MBA program and served as the first academic director. He also revitalized the University of Michigan’s Non-Profit Management Center and oversaw the School of Business’s various joint degree programs.

He also played a role in the creation of three new degree programs and a degree program that would allow MBA students to craft their own dual degree program. More recently, he aided in the creation of a new joint degree program called the Master’s of Entrepreneurship Degree.

Interim dean Frances Aldrich Sevilla-Sacasa will continue to the head the school until Anderson assumes his new position.

Barbara E. Kahn, the former dean, returned to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to serve as the Director of the Jay H. Baker Retailing Center and as the Patty and Jay H. Baker Professor of Marketing.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 19, 2011

About Author

Alysha Khan Online Editor

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

View photos of the first day of Miami Hurricanes spring football practice on Tues., March 22, 2017 … ...

News and views from the first day of UM football spring practice: • Found it interesting that when M ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

At the Net with Jesse Flores ...

At the Net with... ...

Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team has been selected to participate in an upcoming U.S. U-23 W ...

Freshman Greg Veliz put together another strong midweek outing as the Hurricanes beat FAU 7-5. ...

Junior Piotr Lomacki represents the Canes in the ITA singles rankings, released Tuesday, at No. 73. ...