Business administration dean announced

The School of Business Administration announced that Eugene W. Anderson would be assuming the role of dean on August 1.

A marketing specialist, Anderson previously served for than twenty years at the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business as a professor of marketing and as a senior associate dean for academic affairs

Prior to that, he earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a doctorate degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.

During his time at the University of Michigan, Anderson proved key in establishing the School of Business’s Executive MBA program and served as the first academic director. He also revitalized the University of Michigan’s Non-Profit Management Center and oversaw the School of Business’s various joint degree programs.

He also played a role in the creation of three new degree programs and a degree program that would allow MBA students to craft their own dual degree program. More recently, he aided in the creation of a new joint degree program called the Master’s of Entrepreneurship Degree.

Interim dean Frances Aldrich Sevilla-Sacasa will continue to the head the school until Anderson assumes his new position.

Barbara E. Kahn, the former dean, returned to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to serve as the Director of the Jay H. Baker Retailing Center and as the Patty and Jay H. Baker Professor of Marketing.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 19, 2011

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...

Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Stacy Coley was selected with the 219th overall pick by the Minnesota ...