Business administration dean announced

The School of Business Administration announced that Eugene W. Anderson would be assuming the role of dean on August 1.

A marketing specialist, Anderson previously served for than twenty years at the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business as a professor of marketing and as a senior associate dean for academic affairs

Prior to that, he earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a doctorate degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.

During his time at the University of Michigan, Anderson proved key in establishing the School of Business’s Executive MBA program and served as the first academic director. He also revitalized the University of Michigan’s Non-Profit Management Center and oversaw the School of Business’s various joint degree programs.

He also played a role in the creation of three new degree programs and a degree program that would allow MBA students to craft their own dual degree program. More recently, he aided in the creation of a new joint degree program called the Master’s of Entrepreneurship Degree.

Interim dean Frances Aldrich Sevilla-Sacasa will continue to the head the school until Anderson assumes his new position.

Barbara E. Kahn, the former dean, returned to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to serve as the Director of the Jay H. Baker Retailing Center and as the Patty and Jay H. Baker Professor of Marketing.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 19, 2011

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...