Race to raise awareness about ongoing suffering in Haiti

This Sunday, enjoy a walk for those who can’t.

Project Medishare will be hosting their first Run for Relief 5K this Sunday in Coconut Grove. All proceeds will go to Project Medishare for Haiti.

“We hope to raise awareness in the community that, even over a year later since the earthquake, the people of Haiti are still suffering and need our help,” said Kathy Falter, a Project Medishare rehabilitation administrator in an e-mail interview.

Project Medishare for Haiti Inc., was founded by Miller School of Medicine professors Dr. Barth Green and Dr. Arthur Fournier in 1994. They were among the first responders after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and established the  first trauma and rehabilitation hospital in the country.

Sunday’s event will start and finish in Peacock Park on McFarlane Road. There will be an award ceremony and entertainment following the race.

For more information and to register visit runforrelief5k.org. visit, runforrelief5k.org.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 13, 2011

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...